† Chapter 5 †

Gerard perched himself up on the sink and sat cross legged, leaning against the mirror. Frank had grabbed another cigarette and lit it, taking a puff.

"Want one?" Frank said gesturing vaguely to the slightly crumpled pack of cigarettes. Gerard knew he should say no, especially since that was the reason the last foster parents booted him to the curb, but he nodded and grabbed the box and lighter. He lit the cigarette and sucked in the nicotine, watching Frank stare out into nothingness.

"Frank, eh? Nice name..." Gerard said watching his eyes flicker over. They were an interesting almost green colour, and his dark eyelashes sat gracefully on his cheeks.

"Not like I chose it." Frank responded sarcastically and Gerard felt his heart pull. He shifted his weight awkwardly and Frank looked up at him.

"Sorry... Sarcasm is a guys best friend yanno?" He smiled a bit and leaned back, closing his eyes.

"Its fine, I understand I just don't usually hang out with people..." God fuck Gerard felt awkward, stumbling over his words. He eyed Frank with attraction, it wasn't his fault the boy in front of him was so captivating.

"Hm, so you're an introvert. Tell me a bit about yourself?" Frank opened his eyes and peered at Gerard. Gerard thought for a second about what he was gonna say that didn't make him sound like a fool.

"Well I'm new in town, don't know how long I'll be here the foster system doesn't like me much... I listen to rock and I uhh like to draw alot. I'm making a mini comic." He cut himself short from rambling on about his comics, he'd always loved telling stories.

"I have a friend in the foster system, he seems to have landed a stable place for now? And you like rock? What kind of bands?" Gerard felt a little disappointed he hadn't asked about the comic book, but that wasn't that big a deal.

"I like Live after Death, been listening to them for a while. Uh Blink 182 is good as well, I like David Bowie?" He felt awkward talking about music, people usually made fun of his music taste.

"Blink 182 is one of my favourites!" Frank responded energetically flicking a small ember of ash on to the sink drain. Gerard did the same, hearing a soft fizz as the ash hit a small pool of water.

Suddenly they were interrupted by a series of knocks.

"Frank?" A woman called, sounding worried. Frank mouthed 'shit' and pointed towards the bathroom stalls. Gerard scurried into one and heard the door open.

"Sorry, not feeling well..." He said unconvincingly. Gerard stared at his palms, his feet were hitched up on the toilet seat. He had no clue how to react, so he just sat silently.

"Would you like to go home sweetheart?" She asked softly, seeming to care a lot. How kind.

"Yeah give me a sec, I'll meet you out front, Kay?" Frank said wearily, getting more into is sick persona. The door shut and Frank sighed.

"You can come out now." Frank said, calmly. Gerard thought about making a quip about his sexuality, but quickly silenced his mind. That would probably not end well. He stepped down from his toilet pedestal and opened the door with a creak. Frank smiled.

"Do you have a phone?" He asked glancing at Gerards pockets. Gerard shifted under his crawling eyes and pulled it out, effectively stopping Franks eyes from wandering.

"Here, let me add a contact, okay?" He looked up at Gerard quizzically and Gerard quickly handed him his phone. He watched as Frank typed in a series of numbers-- his phone number and took a little photo for the contact photo. Confident.

"There, now we can stay in contact?" He said casually, eyeing Gerard's posture then handing him back his cellphone. Gerard grabbed it and smiled.

"See you later?" He said watching Frank leave the old church bathroom. He chuckled to himself, snorting quietly.