II

I flew into the base's runway, the jungle moon seemingly a paradise.

I glanced out from the cockpit and saw fighter pilots, resistance members and strangers cheering and clapping as more and more ships landed around the cluttered base. The army that defeated the first order.

I forced my eyes to stay awake as people gathered under my ship, ready to help whoever was inside. I pushed the controls forward and engaged landing gear, taking a deep breath as the ship tumbled to the ground.

We fell to the ground in a smoking mess, as the roof of my ship had to be pried open. People reached in their gentle hands, pulling Ben and I out of the small ship. They placed us on separate gurneys, but my hand refused to release Ben's arm.

"He needs help...more than me" I croaked, a woman grabbed my wrist and nodded her head. She seemed urgent and full of vigor. Her eyes met mine and I could see nothing but understanding and compassion within them. She knew. "Please don't let him die" he begged weakly.

"He won't die...I swear, but you have to let go" She instructed, trying to comfort me as I gripped his arm tighter. She looked around and saw the amount of people trying to pull us apart, and I wouldn't let go. "You're a stubborn one aren't you?" She asked, her voice hinting with humor.

"Take them together!" She shouted, I sighed in relief. I fell back into the gurney and felt the world around me turn dark as I was overcome with fatigue and exhaustion. The last thing I remember is seeing the woman place a mask over Ben's face. Her eyes looking hopeful.

My own eyes closed and that was it.
_________________
Three days later...

My eyes opened suddenly as I felt something in my hand, I looked over to see Finn staring at the ground. His brows were furrowed, creating many wrinkles on his face. I could hear his slow breathing. His hand was locked in mine, his thumb rubbing the back of my hand like a comforting gesture.

"Finn?" I asked weakly, his head snapped up and relief filled his face. His smile warmed up the cold room as he wrapped his arms around me, a tear fell down my face I was hugged him back.

"Thank god" he said quietly, he broke the hug and just stared at me. Anxiety filled me as I thought about Ben. Was he still alive?

"Where's Ben?" I asked quickly, Finn nodded his head and smiled weakly, it didn't seem like a sincere smile, just one to make me feel better.

"He's ok, he's still in a coma, he won't wake up for another week" Finn told me, I looked at my body and saw bags of clear liquid hanging next to me being pumped in to my arm.

"What happened with the first order?" I asked, he squeezed my hand and smiled.

"People around the galaxy rose up and retaliated, the first order is gone" he said happily, I sighed in relief and sat up in the bed. I got a minor headache from the movement but Finn helped me by putting a pillow behind my back.

"Thank you" I said quietly, I rubbed my forehead and stared at the ceiling. "He saved my life Finn" I said to him, he looked at me and furrowed his brow.

"What to do you mean?" Finn asked, I smiled at the blank ceiling and felt a tear run down my face.

"When I kill Palpatine...I'd used all my energy, and I died" I said weakly, my voice nearly faltering, "he gave his life for mine...and I couldn't let him die Finn, I just couldn't" I cried quietly, Finn put his hand on my shoulder and rubbed it.

"I know, you did the right thing" he praised, all I wanted to do was go see Ben but I felt too weak.

Suddenly the door to my room opened, Finn and Chewie walked into the small area. Chewie was obviously too tall but he just roared in excitement welter he saw I was awake.

"Glad to see you up" Poe said happily, I smiled and nodded my head. Each of the boys gave me a friendly hug and chewie knelt down to the right of me while Poe stood by Finn.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Three days" Poe answered, I stared at him in shock and Poe just shrugged his shoulders.

"You were almost dead Rey, so was that other guy you were with"

"Wait...you don't know who that was?" Finn asked Poe. Poe just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Should I?" Poe asked, Finn nodded his head and looked at me for permission to tell Poe.

"It's Han Solo's son...Kylo Ren" Finn explained, Poe's eyes widened and he looked at me like I'd betrayed him.

"Why would you bring him here?!" He yelled, scaring me and making Chewie her upset for his volume level.

"Because he's changed Poe, he saved my life and I can sense-" I started to say.

"Oh, just because you're a Jedi you can tell when someone is not evil anymore?" Poe mocked, I sat up in the medical bed and swung my legs over. Standing right in front of Poe and staring him down, Finn tried to pull me back on to the bed and I just ignored him. I put my finger in Poe's face.

"You have no idea what he's been through, and I don't care if you ever do. I but know how much pain, loneliness and sadness he had felt! Don't you dare ever talk to me about Ben like he is an evil person because I know damn well he is not!" I shouted, Poe uncrossed his arms and stepped away from me. An annoyed look clear on his face.

"Yeah...Glad you woke, chosen one" he mocked before leaving the room. I took a shaky deep breath and sat back down on the bed. I shouldn't have yelled at him like that.

"Can I have some time alone, please?" I asked Finn, he rubbed my back on nodded his head. Chewie roared for me to feel better soon and they both walked out, leaving me alone.