IV

I spent the next hour sitting with Ben, nothing miraculous happened. He just laid in his comatose while I held his hand and leaned against his bicep.

I couldn't wait until he woke up, I didn't care if it was tomorrow or months on end. I just wanted him awake and with me.

_________

"Rey, dinners ready" Rose announced, I nodded my head and looked back at Ben. I rubbed my thumb on the back of his hand before I stood up and walked out of the room, I didn't want to leave but I was starving.

"How are you doing?" Rose asked, I just nodded my head and looked down at the ground.

"Everyone is glad you're back, they won't jump on you with questions but...people are interested" Rose laughed out, I smiled and nodded my head.

"What's there to eat?" I asked, Rose looked ahead of us and breathed in to start speaking.

"Um, bothkar stew...not the best but it's better then nothing" she informed me, I nodded my head and followed her in to the mess hall.

The sound of people talking became very loud and I just stared at the large group of people. I followed Rose as she led me toward a table in the far corner of the mess hall. Where Finn, Poe, Chewie, and Jana were all sitting together.

Rose and I sat down as Jana slid a bowl of stew over to me, I quickly grabbed a spoon and started to eat the food.

Chewie roared in happiness to see me, I quickly gave him a high five and watched as Chewie gulped down a bowl of stew.

"How's the guy?" Jana asked, I looked over to her and nodded my head, taking a bite of the thick stew.

"He looks good, I'm just glad he's alive" I said happily.

"Yeah...we all are" Poe muttered, I just rolled my eyes and looked back at Jana.

"Wait, do you not like him?" Jana asked poe, he just pushed his lips out and shook his head.

"I don't think you would either" he mumbled, Finn punched Poe's shoulder and Rose gasped. I was so sick of Poe undermining my choice to save Ben, he deserved to be alive.

"Jana, the man is the one that Rey fought on the Endor moon" Finn explained, her eyes widened as she looked at me. I looked down in shame as I realized Ben could never get away from his past.

"Why would you save him?" She breathed out, Finn out a hand on her shoulder and made her look at him.

"He saved my life, he's done a lot more then all of you realize" I said in an angry tone, I looked up at Poe and glared at him.

"I don't care if ever forgive him, that's not my job to beg you to. I care that you respect my choice to save him because I forgive him!" I shouted, regret flooded over me. Finn stared at me in shock, chewie roared in confusion and Rose put her hand on my shoulder.

"You...forgive that murderer?" Poe asked, a dry tear fell down my face. I looked up at Finn and he looked just as shocked but not angry.

Why should I regret saying I forgive Ben? I don't regret it at all.

"When you know what him and I both went though...then you can judge my judgement, until then. Don't you dare think for one second...that he is still Kylo Ren, he killed Kylo Ren. That is Ben Organa Solo, do you understand me?" I asked, I was shaking with frustration.

Poe sighed and leaned back in his seat, he gave me a small nod. "Say it" I demanded, "say you understand"

"I understand" he said shamefully, looking down at the table. I took a shaky breath and stood up from the table, Finn reached out to stop me but I shook my head.

"I'm sorry" I said quietly, I walked away from the table and ran in to the jungle. I could hear Finn and Jana calling after me but I didn't turn around, I just kept running. I ripped the leather jacket off of my body and left it in the dirt.

I sprinted toward the cliffs, I just wanted to look at the world, take in what I was given and where I was.

"Rey! Please wait! Rey!" Finn called, I stopped at the edge of the cliffs and stared at the green jungle and beautiful waterfalls in front of me.

I breathed the fresh air and stared at the dark jungle sky, the moon shining brightly on the towering green trees.