Jealousy, it runs in the family

Alex hated this day. Other people would be all excited about today, but Alex was not in the mood. She and a couple other soccer players had to do a sports photoshoot for the local magazine, and only selected people would go. Alex should have felt grateful for this. She was able to miss classes because of this.

They would be going with other schools, but that wasn't the thing that bothered Alex. What bothered her was that Servando was one of the athletes going to the studio.

Currently, she was sitting on a bench in the hall, waiting for Kelley, Megan, and Allie to get in their uniforms.

"This spot taken?" Alex looked up to see her girlfriend with a big smile.

"Yes, by you," Alex sighed with a smile. Tobin sat down, draping her right arm on Alex's shoulders.

"You ready?" Tobin asked.

"Yeah, I just want to get this over with."

"Hey, some people would kill for this, don't take this for granted," Tobin said, trying to give insight to Alex.

"I know, it's just... Servando's going to be there, and a couple other people from others will be there who I don't really like as much," said Alex with gritted teeth.

"Well good thing I'm coming too. I have to make sure no one messes with my babe," Tobin joked.

"You know-" Alex was about to say something, when Kelley, Allie, and Megan came out of the locker room.

"Sorry for waiting, Kelley didn't have the right socks," Megan said, giving a glare to the freckled girl.

"Hey, don't look at me, you took twenty minutes getting your hair "perfect"."

"At least you guys are ready, but we're running late," Alex reminded them all.

They drove to the studio, jamming out to music. When they arrived, Alex scanned the students that were already there, finding familiar faces who she had known through the sport. Some rivalry girls, jocks she met at parties before, and other people. She then laid eyes on an all too familiar guy who stood out like a sore thumb. Servando. He was talking to his teammates, not noticing Alex was looking directly at him.

"Hey," Tobin said, interrupting Alex's moment, "you good?"

"Yeah, sorry I'm just... tired," Alex lied.

"You the captain for your soccer team?" Asked a woman with a headset on. Alex could only nod, when the woman pulled her aside.

"Let's see, number thirteen..." the woman went down the list on the clipboard, "Alex Morgan?"

Alex nodded again.

"Right, you need to get makeup done, then will be instructed on what to do next with the others. You are in Group B as a note," the woman instructed. Alex turned back, and looked at Tobin, who gave her a thumbs up.

Alex walked into the room, where a bunch of other athletes in their uniforms were getting ready.

"You a captain?" Asked a crew member.

"Yes," Alex replied.

"Good, sit," The PA said firmly.

Alex sat down and watched as makeup was applied. It felt like they were getting for a runway, but knew this was nothing compared to that.

"Hey Lex," Servando said next to her. He sat in the seat by to get touched up.

Alex didn't reply, and kept her focus on the mirror. She cringed that he still called her that. Only Tobin could do that.