Chapter 25: Strange Things

As usual, I'm terrible sorry for the wait!  I'm now working two jobs in the hopes of going back to school... enough of the excuses.  Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony

"How much longer do you think this is going to take?"

"We are literally tattooing a suit piece by piece into your daughter's skin. Do you want me to be fast, or do it right?" Pym snapped.

"Iss a'right, da," Eden insisted. She was nearly done, with only her left legs to be finished. I hated seeing her bruises from the most recent sessions and wanted it to be over with so she could heal. Her girlfriend had a family emergency and flew home early this morning, which is when I decided I should go visit her.

The robots they had doing the actual work moved slow, but steadily. Every now and then Eden flinched, but when she caught my eye she tried her best to smile. It really was incredible how someone as old as Hank Pym could still come up with something as clever as embedding a working suit onto someone's body and not have it rip them apart. Even I could recognize genius when I saw it.

I leaned back in the couch I'd brought over. "You were saying something earlier about picking out a name? What's that for?"

"Every superhero needs a name," Geek said from the corner of the room.

"I'm no' a hero yet," Eden said. "But, I wouldn' mind helpin'."

"And it sounds like you need all the help you can get trying to find that Prime Minister," Beast piped up. He claimed he was double checking the robots as they worked, but every now and then I could see him watching me as he typed into his laptop or cell phone.

"How do you manage to text with hands that big?" I asked in retaliation, as well as some honest curiosity.

He answered with a glare. His phone dinged and his brows furrowed. "The professor says he needs to speak with you. There have been some concerns about your other daughter."

"What kind of concerns?"

"I would call-"

I leaned forward. "What kind of concerns?"

He sighed. "Bethany says she's worried about her anger. We can't have her running around angry, especially if she might take it out on someone innocent."

"What makes you think she's going to go around beating random people up?" I argued.

"There's video of her going after random crooks, like some kind of vigilante." He tossed his phone to me. I clicked play and, sure enough, there was Sophie, poofing from one place to another and landing more punches than not.

I tossed the phone back as I stood. "Excuse me, it looks like I have some parenting to do."

"Da, don' be too rough on 'er. Consider everythin' tha's happened, and the people she's been around. 'er Aunt Peggy, Spiderman, Deadpool, you..." It was hard to argue with Eden when she was right.

"I can't help it that she has some questionable friends. I can, however, stop her from doing it again."

Geek scoffed. "How do you plan on enforcing that?"

"By keeping her busy. Geek, pack up. You're coming with me to help."

"Me?" he visibly paled. "Why've I got to help?"

"Because she seems to like you, for whatever reason. Get in the car." He paused for another second before deciding to listen. I waited until we got into the car to ask why he was so nervous. I thought they were friends?