Stuck in the Middle With(out) You

Everyone took a moment to let themselves deal with the shock. J'onn tried to fill Ryan Choi in on the situation. Lex Luthor had stopped monologuing after Kate slapped him and threatened to throw him off the craft if he didn't shut up.

"You ok?" Barry asked Sara.

"No, but not sure that's an option right now," Sara replied. "We gotta make this into a team. We gotta get everyone together, on the same page. I know most of us hardly know one another, but if we're gunna save the universe we have to be a team. Kara, do you - " Sara looked around. Kara had been beside her, but now she was gone. "Kara?"

"Where'd she - oh," Barry said, spotting Kara crouched in a corner.

Sara turned around. "Kara" she asked gently, kneeling down beside Kara. "Are you - ?"

"I - I need Alex," Kara said, her voice thick. "I - I need her, Sara. I need Alex."

"Ok, but Alex isn't here, so..."

"No!" Kara cried, her fingers scrunching up the metal flooring. "I need Alex. You don't get it. I need her. She - she knows what to do."

"None of us know what to do, honey," Sara said. "And I know that Alex is pretty great, but I'm not sure she - "

"She doesn't mean about the situation in general," J'onn said. "Kara, you need to try to breathe normally. Alex would - "

"J'onn, you don't get it!" Kara snapped, tears running down her cheeks. "I need Alex. It has to be Alex. I - I need her and - and..."

"What's going on?" Lex asked.

"I thought we established that you weren't speaking," Kate growled.

"Is she ok?" Ryan asked, "Because she looks like she's having a meltdown or something, and - "

"Oh, this is just too good," Lex said. "The Paragon of Hope is having a panic attack? Seriously? Good luck saving the universe now."

Kate jabbed Lex in the side.

"Ow! What was that for?"

Kate just glared at him.

"Is that what this is?" Barry asked, looking to J'onn, as Sara wrapped her arms around the shaking Kara.

J'onn gave a nod.

"I need Alex," Kara repeated, gripping Sara's arms, "I need Alex."

"I know, honey," Sara said, "I know. Hey J'onn, Barry, you guys wanna all back off and give us a bit of space? And if anyone's got a good idea of how to calm her down..."

"Maybe," Kate said, stepping forward as the guys all took a step back. "Kara, tell me about Alex," she said, kneeling down beside Sara and Kara.

Kara shook her head. "No. I need her."

"What would she say?" Kate asked gently.

Kara closed her eyes. "I - I just... I need her, Kate. I - I need her be-because she - "

"J'onn, is there someone else?" Kate asked. "Who she can talk about?"

J'onn thought for a moment. "Lena."

"Kara, tell me about Lena," Kate said, as Sara gently rocked Kara back and forward. "Tell me about Lena, Kara."

Kara opened her eyes and looked at Kate. "She - she was working with - with Alex."

"Wait - my Lena?" Lex asked. "Seriously? You lied to her, Kara. You know how much betrayal hurt her and you went right ahead and - "

"Hey!" Sara shouted, as Kara gripped her so hard it was difficult to breathe.