Meeting Point

The Next Day
Meeting Point
——————————————-
Sean's POV

As the next day came, we all got up early and drove up to the meeting point where Jacob wanted to meet us. Rage filled my system. On the outside, I looked calm, but on the inside, there was anger.

We were parked beside the road, waiting for almost an hour for this guy.
"Sure he's going to show up?" Karen asked softly while looking forward. Finn on the other hand, fell asleep. We all need to catch up on sleep right now.
"He better. He promised." My brow's furrowed as I kept looking forward as well. I was tired, but I managed to stay up.
"Well, If he doesn't find us... we'll find him." Karen responded back. She looked at the two of us.
"I can't believe how much crap you guys have been through... Makes me wanna punch in the face each and every asshole that got in your way." She said softly.
"Yeah... Good thing we got to meet amazing people, too..."
"Life on the road is all about that. The sweet encounters."
"Hopefully I can see them again someday."
"Oh, you will." She paused for a moment and looked at me. "So tell me about Daniel. What's he like?" She asked. I thought about it for a bit and smiled a bit.
"Well... he's definitely... special."
"Yeah, you did mention that Daniel has the same powers as you. Did you tell him?" She asked softly. I sadly shook my head.
"No, I couldn't tell him. I-I don't even know what to say to him about this. I mean, come on. He's still a little kid, yet he doesn't know what's going on or how dangerous it is out there. No matter how many times I tell him, he just... He doesn't want to listen to me for some reason." I say softly while sighing, sitting back in my seat. "I made too many promises that I can't keep. As much as I want to stay here, I really can't... I can't go around with people saying go back to my country, or you don't belong here, sing something in Spanish, say this isn't my country-"
"Sean." A soft voice said behind me while coming back to reality and looking behind me, seeing Finn had a hand on my shoulder. I looked around a bit, seeing that coins, small pebbles, empty water bottles, floating around. I sighed and gently put them all down.
"Sorry. It happens sometimes."
"It's okay Sean. Sometimes you just have to let it all out." Karen said softly while ruffling my hair. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this familiar feeling.
"Shit, sorry Finn. Did I wake you?"
"Nah, I was already awake. Besides, I think he's here." Finn said softly while pointing out the window in front of them. Karen and I quickly turned our heads and saw that Jacob get out the car, leaning against the side.
"Is that him?" Karen asked softly.
"Yup. Me and Sean will go talk to him." Finn said while getting out the car first, walking towards the car already.
"Shit.." I say while getting out the car as well.
"Finn? Your here also?" Jacob said while Finn stood in front of him. He saw Sean and his eyes widened a bit. "What happened-"
"What were you thinking Jake?" Finn asked with a little rage in his voice.
"I didn't know where else to go- listen I- I saw Daniel come back to the camp that night... like he was in shock or something... Then I heard all the sirens, and.. I got scared... I just- packed a few things, I- I took a blanket from your tent, and we- we left together." Jacob never looked so scared in his life. People find Finn kinda scary, even when pissed off.
"I- took your money, the one you earned at the farm."
"Oh, you take Sean's brother AND my money!" Finn said while turning away.
"It's- It's in the car, Finn. I-I had to use some for- for me and Daniel." Jacob says while stuttering a bit.
"Do you have any idea how brainwashed Daniel is? How much bullshit lies that bitch tells him? Tells him how special he is? The kid can't think for himself, Jacob. He's only 10 years old, and he believes in her, more than US!" I shouted, I didn't notice, but everything moved around me, I slightly shoved the two cars, of course, it was on accident. It was like a force around me.
After that small action, I held my head a bit and started having a nosebleed.
"Sean!" Finn said while standing by my side, holding me up. I calmed down and wiped away the blood.
"Sean- I- I'm sorry, I- I really am! That's what the Reverend Mother does, she- she basically brainwashes people and- and she waited her whole life, for somebody like Daniel. The Reverend knows, how to manipulate people. She's good at this... He wants to stay with her. Daniel, has faith in the Reverend now." Jacob explained while I got rage in my system still. I grabbed Jacob's collar and looked him dead in the eye.
"Did you even try to stop her?"
"Sean, stop it."
Jacob said while backing up, I pushed him away and held my ground. From behind me, I heard Karen get out the car, coming over to us.
"Why do you think I wrote to your mother? Come on." Jacob says while Finn put a hand on my shoulder.
"There's no way they're gonna let you take him away."
"Too bad." Karen said while standing beside me, crossing her arms. "We're not gonna ask for their permission." She said while looking at Jacob. "You must be Jacob. I'm Karen."
"Hi." Jacob said softly while nodding his head. "Okay. I don't know if you wanna do this... but I... I have an idea. I think there is school tomorrow, but Lisbeth will stay at the church with Daniel for his... special classes... That'll give us time to sneak into the compound before we get to them. There isn't classes today." Jacob explained while we all listened.
"I'll be on lookout, keep watch in case all goes to shit." She turned to us.
"Finn and Sean, stay on the walkie. We do this tomorrow evening, right?"
"Correct." Jacob says while nodding a bit.
Fun and I looked at each other and nod.
"You got it."
"Sounds like a plan."
"One more thing- I, uh... we have to get my sister too... Sarah Lee."
"Really, Jacob? Come on man, she's with your parents." Finn said while shaking his head a bit.
"I- I know. Please listen, Sean." Jacob turned to me and I decided to listen.
"She's not safe here. She's sick. They believe in everything Lisbeth says. And she says she'll cure Sarah with prayers... I know you understand, right?"
"Damn, Jake..."
"We need his help too, Sean." Karen says while putting a hand on my shoulder.
I say a bit and nod.
"Okay, Jake... I'm listening." I say while Jacob nods.
"Lisbeth knows what's wrong with Sarah Lee... We just- we need to find her medical record. I- I think it's in her home office. Then, I'll go get Sarah Lee while you get Daniel. Okay?" Jacob replies while Sean stepped aside for a few seconds, looking at the small town. The view was nice, but he didn't like it here.
"Fine. I'm gonna trust you on this, Jacob. All good for you, Karen?"
"What if Daniel won't go with you?" She asked while looking at Sean.
"He will. I know him." I say softly while sighing a bit. "Ugh... what a life." I say while Finn chuckled, patting my back.
"We should get going, Sean. Let's go back to the motel and rest up. We all need it." Fun said while smiling softly.
God, his smile is damn cute.
"Sounds like a plan. Where should we meet up tomorrow?" Karen asked.
"Uh, let's meet up at the church tomorrow. The classes are over at 3 p.m." Jacob replies while nodding.
"Alright, we'll see you tomorrow."