Chapter 3

Wei ying felt himself dozing off. He collapsed on the floor, falling into a deep sleep.

Wei ying's dream

Wei ying and lan zhan were back in cloud recesses and jingyi, zizhen, jin ling and sizhui were greeting them. All of a sudden, the four juniors were flailing their arms and they disappeared. Wei ying wanted to call lan zhan for help. But when he turned to his right, he was shocked to see that lan zhan was gone too. Then, his surroundings changed and he was surrounded by total darkness. Suddenly, voices started screaming and shouting his name,urging him to seek revenge for what others have done to him. He saw lan zhan and marched towards him, suffocating lan zhan with the vengeful spirits he controlled with chenqing. Gradually, lan zhan lost strength and went limp. Realising what he did, wei ying tried to end his own life by drawing bichen out. He laid the blade on his neck when all of a sudden, he jolted up.

Present
"wei ying! Wake up!" wei ying heard lan zhan shouting,his face etched with worry. "how are you? Are you feeling OK? Does it hurt anywhere? What were you trying to do? Do you know how worried I was?" Lan zhan bombarded wei ying with questions. "what happened?" wei ying questioned, looking around as he tried to recall what had happened after he saw the pile of bodies. "you suddenly drew bichen out and held it against your neck. Do you have any recollection?" lan zhan asked. Wei ying told him about the dream. "it should be the dream demon." lan zhan concluded.