Corbyn Besson - Congenital Heart Disease

*Jarbyn*

Something no one knew about Corbyn, is that he had congenital heart disease. Everyone in the band was oblivious to this fact as well. Since all the symptoms were gone there was no need to mention it. That is, until now.

Corbyn sat on the table in doctor's office trying to catch his breath. Beside him, Jack rubbed his back whispering soothingly to him. Corbyn took the inhaler again and managed to breathe. Jack's brown eyes were full of fear. He didn't know what was happening to his boyfriend. The doctor pulled up Corbyn's shirt and listened to his heart. He frowned. "Do they know?"

Tears filled Corbyn's eyes. "It's back?"

"Unfortunately." the doctor sighed.

Zach who had been on his phone gasped. "Know what?"

"What do you mean back?" Jonah asked.

Daniel's eyes widened. "Corbs?"

Corbyn ran a hand through his hair. "Let's tell them." he sighed.

The doctor nodded. "Corbyn has congenital heart disease. As a baby he showed symptoms. They disappeared a few years ago and doctors thought he was fine. The symptoms are coming back more severe. We've never seen it come like this before. If he gets worse he'll need surgery."

Daniel said the thing they were all dreading. "Are we going to lose him?" he asked.

The doctor shook his head. "No. He will survive if you watch him closely. Now as you see, his lips are already tinted blue, but it's not severe. If it gets worse or something weird happens, bring him here immediately."

Corbyn began to feel guilty when he saw the look on everyone's faces. Why hadn't he just told the boys. They wouldn't have judged him. Now they were worried about him. Corbyn looked up and saw the pain in Jack's eyes.

The boys got in the car and it was awkwardly silent. Usually, there was conversation of some kind, but this time no one knew what to say. They got into the house and sat on the couch. Finally, Jonah spoke up. "Why?"

"What?" Corbyn asked.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Daniel asked.

Corbyn lowered his gaze. "Were you afraid we'd judge you or throw you out?" Zach asked.

Corbyn ran up the stairs followed by Jack. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Jack pulled Corbyn into his arms. "Babe don't apologize." he whispered kissing Corbyn.

Corbyn kissed back, pushing Jack onto the bed. Jack kissed Corbyn's neck. Corbyn unfastened his boyfriend's jeans and smiled. "I love you."

"Love you too." Jack said pulling Corbyn's shirt off.

Corbyn smiled as he felt Jack kiss his chest and stomach. He was about to move when someone knocked. "Boys! We have dinner with Eben." Zach's voice said.

As the boys sat at the table talking with Eben, Corbyn's chest began to feel tight and he was lightheaded. Ignoring it, he continued talking with his friends. They were talking about tours and different fans they had met. Zach laughed. "Remember that girl who gave Dani the Fifty Shades of Grey movie?"

The rest of the boys laughed at the memory. Laughing only seemed to make Corbyn feel worse. Corbyn's heart was racing even though he wasn't doing anything.

For the next several days Corbyn faked that he was fine. However, during an interview things began to get out of control. He didn't say anything since he didn't want to scare anyone.

After the interview, they went to record their song 8 Letters. Jack smiled. "If all it is is eight letters why is it so hard to say. If all it is is eight letters why am I in my own way? Why do I pull you close and then ask you for space?"

Corbyn was gasping for breath as he clutched at his chest. "Corbs? Corbyn calm down." Daniel stammered.

Corbyn sank to the floor and Jack raced to his side. "Call an ambulance!" he demanded.

Zach joined Jack on the floor. "Corbyn, try to breathe. Corbs please."

Corbyn's breathing slowed until it completely stopped. His lips were blue and he passed out. "He's not breathing." Jonah said into the phone.

"Is he?" Daniel asked.

Zach was busy doing CPR. "I don't know. This happened so fast." He said anxiously.

An ambulance arrived and Corbyn was taken to the hospital. After a few hours the doctor walked out. "We have him stable and he'll be fine. We need to plan surgery for tomorrow. You can go see him."

The boys raced down the hall and arrived in Corbyn's room. Jack hugged Corbyn. "Babe, I was so scared."

Jack kissed Corbyn. "I'm fine now. I'll be fine." Corbyn said.

The others joined the hug. "Everything's fine now." Jonah whispered.

Crappy ending but all in all pretty good!

**************

PS. I will be accepting requests if you want me to continue with this mini series of ship names. I'll get to those requests eventually. Also, school starts tomorrow so I might not be as active as I've been lately. Keep in mind I'm kind of working on two books at the same time and I'll get to these stories as often as possible! Love y'all❤