/ 47.2 / min yoongi ⟲

updated: 31/jan/2021

"Minny should've been back by now," Misoo said, looking at Yoongi's wristwatch, feeling impatient.

"Why are you so invested in me meeting this girl? You're really trading me like I'm some Make-A-Wish-Foundation prize for a dying kid?" Yoongi accused his grandmother with a snarky comment, rolling his eyes when she slapped his head, with her good hand.

"Manners boy! She is sick, but that doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a bit of happiness."

"You just confirmed my suspicion." He scoffed, crossing his arms in a judging tone.

"I'm not trying to trade you," Misoo said, offended. 

"Look, she is an amazing kid and she needs more friends that aren't sick. The only ones she had moved away so now she's all alone." Explained but Yoongi looked at his nana unfazed.

"You're really trying to butter me up so I feel sorry for her, aren't you?" Misoo rolled her eyes.

"Look, once you meet her, you will realize that it won't be such a sacrifice. She is pretty, funny, nice, sweet, loving... she only has qualities!"

"Right." He wasn't buying his nana's bid and it was his turn to look at the clock. 

"Look, if she's not coming, I'm gonna have to go. I have a night shift today and I can't arrive late." Said.

His routine was getting off of uni, come to the hospital to visit her, and then go to work. Depending on his turns, he would get off of uni and go straight to work, only to come to visit her after his shift and before the visiting hours ended.

"Ugh, fine. Go on and leave your poor sick nana alone."

"Emotional blackmail doesn't work with me, you know that." Pointed, making her stick her tongue out. 

"Love you." Kissed her forehead goodbye, turning to leave but being stopped.

"Yoongi." Misoo pulled him back, grabbing his wrist and adopting a more serious expression. 

"I love you with all of my heart. If... if I don't get better, you need to promise you will try your hardest to be happy, ok?" Asked him, trying her best to smile, not to worry him.

"Hey! You are going to get better. Today you were so much better than yesterday. I'm sure they will let go of you by the end of this week." He said confidently, hugging her tightly but feeling scared by her request.

"You are right."

Yoongi went to work like any other day. He couldn't stop thinking about his grandmother, but he had spoken with the doctors after her release from the ICU and they were confident in her recovery.

The next morning he saw a call from the hospital and his heart thudded hesitantly. He didn't want to believe that anything happened. He wanted to believe it had been a mistake, but as soon as he arrived at the hospital to visit her, her bed was empty.

Soon a nurse came to talk to him. She said a lot of things, things he couldn't understand, like Misoo having an aneurysm ready to burst that she kept a secret, Misoo refusing surgery, and Misoo signing a non-resuscitation clause.

It didn't make any sense to Yoongi until a notebook was handed to him and he read the last pages. It was a letter for Yoongi, asking him to forgive her decisions.

*If I die, I want my organs to be donated solely to my sweet Minny. She needs to live and I have lived long enough. I know I said I wouldn't leave you, but you are not a kid anymore Yoongi, you don't need me anymore, she does. Please understand. I love you.*

But he couldn't understand or accept. He still needed her like crazy. And she left him all alone in the world, again.

"Are you Misoo's grandson?" A man approached him making Yoongi look up from the notebook.

With the few strength he had, Yoongi nodded to both, confused as to who this couple was. To his surprise, the woman suddenly hugged him and sobbed.

"I'm so so sorry about your grandmother, she was an amazing woman. Because of her, my Somin can live and I'll be thanking you for the rest of our lives in Misoo's honor." The woman said in her muffled voice, being violently pushed away by the youngest.

"NO! My grandmother died to save your daughter! She left me alone again BECAUSE OF HER, so I don't fucking care if she lives or dies. I will forever hate your daughter for taking from me the only person that mattered in my life. So get the fuck away from me!" Yoongi shouted, running away from the hospital.

He felt a rage he had long forgotten built up again in his body. A rage that destroyed his life. A rage Yoongi took years to control and that appeared again, years later, when he met the girl who he blamed for his grandmother's death. Minny, as his nana called her, or as he now knew so well: Park Somin.

╓═════════════ ☆ ═════════════╖

I'm- This is fucking heartbreaking.
I have no words to express.

This chapter was shorter, but it was just an adjunct
from the previous one, thus the double update.

╙═════════════ ☆ ═════════════╜