FOUR: SUPERNOVA

FOUR: SUPERNOVA

*Two months later*

Jalen was on his way over to his Aunt Karma's house. He was visiting his aunt and his cousin, Kare because they hadn't got high together in a while. Today was also the first day that he's been out of the house other than to buy drugs and alcohol since Egypt had left him. Quite frankly, if Jalen wasn't already depressed from losing his job, Egypt breaking up with him most definitely caused it. The day Egypt left him he had became extremely intoxicated and once the bartender refused to keep serving him, Jalen went home to get high. Jalen had smoked a lot of weed, drunk promethazine, and was shooting up heroine as well. It was the most amazing high he ever felt next to Egypt. Egypt was the only thing that could get him higher than any drug and she was more intoxicating than any liquor. Until she left, that is. Jalen was trying to fill that missing void that his now ex-girlfriend left. He was surprised he didn't overdose again. He had been doing the same routine for the past two months. Get high off the first drug he could find and get intoxicated while begging Egypt to come home. It was one day that she did stop by the house and gave him a short visit.

Jalen had just woke up and was receiving what seemed like a thousand text messages from Egypt. He shook his head and wiped his face with his free hand. He had an enormous hangover and was sober since he just woke up from his blackout.
MY EGYPTIAN QUEEN: “Are you at the house? I need to get the rest of my things.” 9:45 a.m.
MY EGYPTIAN QUEEN: “Um, hello?! Can you answer the phone?! I CALLED YOU TEN TIMES ALREADY!” 10:40 a.m.
MY EGYPITIAN QUEEN: “Fuck it, I'm on my way!” 11:30 a.m.
Jalen shook his head and blew out air. He dialed Egypt's number and pressed the phone to his ear. Egypt answered the phone on the fourth ring. “Oh, so now you answer the phone?” Egypt said as she drove her all black with matching black interior 2010 Porsche. Jalen chuckled lightly to himself. “Hello to you too, babe.” Egypt rolled her eyes. “Nigga, where are you?” she asked him. Jalen yawned, “Home. I just woke up.” “Well, unlock the door. I'll be there in fifteen minutes. Egypt didn't wait for a response. She just shook her head and said to herself, “This nigga gets on my last nerve!” Jalen laughed and nodded his head. “I knew she missed Daddy.” Jalen then got out of bed and cleaned himself up. He was about to sip the rest of his Nyquil flavored Sprite until he heard Egypt knocking on the door. He didn't want to hear Egypt's mouth about him doing drugs after he just woke up. Jalen opened the door and licked his lips as he eyed his ex-lover. She was dressed up in tight black Nike yoga pants with a blue and yellow Nike hoodie to match. She sported blue and black Nike Huarache’s shoes and her hair was in a messy bun. She wasn't wearing any makeup but the light carmex on her plump lips. She was dressed so simple but yet she was still so beautiful to Jalen. “Um, hello? Are you going to let me in?” Egypt said with her arms crossed and rolling her eyes. Jalen bit his lip as he stepped to the side so Egypt could walk inside the apartment. Egypt didn't say anything. She just rolled her eyes and continued to walk towards the bedroom. “Jalen, what the fuck is this shit?!” Egypt yelled. Jalen slowly walked into the bedroom and leaned in the doorway. “What shit, Gee?” Egypt picked up the trash can that was filled with used needles and empty bottles of cough medicine and alcohol. She could also see the tobacco from the cigarillos overflowing in the small trashcan. “This shit, Jalen! It's bad enough you're still doing this shit but now you got to be a trifling bum with it too?” Egypt said as she went to go empty the contents of Jalen's bedroom garbage. She was over the fact that Jalen was addicted but she hated a dirty house or things not being cleaned. It was surprising that she didn’t have an obsessive compulsive disorder. “Egypt, why you come home if you was gonna start an argument?” Egypt had made her way back in the room. “I'm only here to get some more of my things and after that I'm gone.” Jalen's face slowly formed a pouty frown. “Wait, so you're not staying?” Egypt shook her head no. Jalen and Egypt began to argue and he kept begging to take her back. He promised her he'd get help for the issues he had but Egypt knew better. She wanted and tried her best to believe him but she couldn't. She felt herself about to cry so she grabbed a few of her things and made her way to the door.