FIVE: EMBRACE FOR IMPACT

Karma and Kare was getting ready to go meet Rashad and his colleagues at the popular strip club over on the east side. Karma wore a long sleeve black dress that had glitter accents and stopped mid thigh and a pair of black pumps. She wore her braids in a low ponytail and laid her new growth down with a scarf and gel earlier in the day. Kare had did a plain smoky-eyed look with lip gloss on her mother’s face. Kare had also dressed up a little herself. She wore an white V-neck t-shirt, a pair of high waist black wool shorts and a pair of tights with a pair of timberlands. She made up for her simple outfit by grabbing a wig that she had designed earlier last week and doing her makeup. Her wig was cut in a black bob with brown ends and she did a full face of makeup with a natural glow look. Needles to say Karma and Kare were looking like a fine BBW, mother-daughter duo thanks to the magic that Kare had done. Kare loved cosmetology but she never went to school for it because of one: insufficient  funds. She dreamed of going to Hollywood for her trade but money was tight. Sure, she could’ve filed for financial aid but her insecurities were what stopped her. She felt that if she walked into a cosmetology school everyone would laugh at her because of how she looked. Even with her skills and how she could turn herself into a complete stranger she knew she would get laughs when she would wash away the makeup. Secretly, Kare regretted not going to school.

Karma and Kare jumped into Karma’s black impala and drove to Onyx to meet up with Rashad. When they made it to the club the line was decent and they didn’t have to wait long to get inside. They paid their entry fee and instantly noticed that the club was popping tonight. Every pole had a stripper twirling and sliding up and down on it. There were also a girl, both strippers and club goers dancing and twerking every where you looked. Megan Thee Stallion’s “Cash Shit" crooned through the speakers ironically as money was thrown in the air and on the stages. It seemed as if all the ballers in St. Louis showed out tonight but that wasn’t Karma and Kare came for. This was strictly business and there was no room for pleasure tonight. “Damn, I don’t see him…” Kare said as she searched the strip joint for Rashad and the other men they were supposed to be meeting. “You think he’s here yet?” Karma asked as she began to look around herself. Kare didn’t respond. She just kept looking around until she spotted Rashad at the bar talking to the bartender. Kare lightly tapped her mother’s arm and motioned Karma to follow her. “He’s over at the bar. Let’s go.” She instructed as she began to strut over to the bar.

Rashad instantly noticed Karma and Kare as they began to walk over to him. It really wasn’t hard to miss them. They were both tall and big boned women in a room full of either skinny or “thick" females. “Evening ladies…” Rashad greeted them each along with a hug. “Hey Rashad.” Karma said with a friendly smile. “What’s up? Where your home boys at?” Kare said getting straight to the point. Rashad chuckled and nodded his head towards the VIP section of the gentleman’s club. “They over here, ma'. Y'all don’t want anything to drink while we right here?” Kare was incredibly sober. She didn’t want to be bopped out of her mind and either miss their meeting or not be taken seriously so decided to wait to get high afterwards. She convinced her mother to do the same but Karma only smoked a little. She barely had a buzz and could use a drink as well. “Get me a Henny on the rocks.” Karma said. “Yeah, me too.” Kare agreed. Rashad nodded and ordered the ladies their drinks. The male bartender quickly made their drinks and handed them to Karma and Kare as Rashad paid and tipped the man. “Grab your drinks and follow me ladies.” Karma and Kare did as told and fell into line behind Rashad as they walked towards VIP. Karma had been in and out of a few VIP's when she did used to go out clubbing so she knew how to act accordingly. Kare on the other hand was nervous because although she did club every once in a while she never been in VIP let alone invited to someone’s section.