Strength.

Being Champion means you are strong. You need to be strong. Not just physically, not just in battles, but mentally. You need to be strong for everyone. Is someone in trouble? It's your job to save them. No matter what. A Boltund getting attacked by a Thievul? Time to get a bit of blood stained on your gloves that'll be impossible to wash out.

   It's unfair.

   My life has always just been struggle after struggle. First it was the gym challenge. Then, Bede. He was an ass. I do have some empathy for him, though. No parents, that must be hard, and the one parental figure you had disowner you and is now in prison? That's gonna hit you hard. Then immediately after you have to go to- what was it? Fairy boot-camp? Yuck. I have a fairy type, but having to take quiz after quiz after quiz- I almost feel bad for him.

   Almost.

  He practically got life handed to him. And as soon as something went wrong, Opal came and gave him everything he'd ever want. He's a gym leader, he lives in a place filled with psychic and fairy types, he doesn't have to worry about people getting in his way.

  If he loses a battle, he doesn't lose anything. If I lose a battle, all my credit, fame, glory, and power, just goes right down the drain, and I'll fade into nothing. 

  Then there was Marnie, nothing special about her. She kinda just… was there. She never was a challenge. She didn't do anything special. All that's different is that now she's a gym leader, just like Bede. She had it all now too. She was nothing special, and she got a good life.

  I'm the "special" one… why does everything go wrong for me?

  Then there was Hop. I… he was a great kid. I just wish I knew before…

 He died a year ago. He jumped off of Rose Tower. I was there. I saw his body crash down onto the streets below. It was… scary.

  I would've helped him. I really would've. He was my world. Hell, I'd even say my former crush. I think he liked me too- I'm getting off track. Hop was an amazing person. He was always there for anyone. He knew how to help someone. He was such a great supporter. Sonia said he was amazing. He'd help with anything. Even if he was feeling down, he'd hide his problems and help him you even before him.

  But that was the problem. He was too good at that. I guess since I became champion, he was just… lost. Even when he worked for Sonia, he didn't seem to get any better. He got worse, in fact.

  And now… I'm here. At a grave. Lost.