Chapter 39

Mrs. Clarkson was waiting for Trevor and Chelsea at the Portland airport with a couple fifth grade students and a porter by her side. Chelsea wrapped her arms around the woman for a hug.

"Nice to see you two back. That's our porter so go ahead and let him take your suite cases," the woman said.

"Are we waiting for anyone else?" Trevor asked.

"Nope! A couple kids got in earlier than planned so they're already on their way. Mr. Andrews is coming back down later this evening for another load. Let's get roll'n!" she replied.

The porter loaded the luggage in the back of the school van with Trevor making sure all the bags were handled carefully. Chelsea helped Mrs. Clarkson get the younger kids into their seats. Moments later the van pulled away from the curb.

"Chelsea, if you look in the seat pocket behind me, there's an envelope in there with your name on it. Your room key is in there. All your stuff has been moved into your room already."

"Same room as always?" Chelsea asked.

"I think they kept everyone in their same rooms. There's an envelop in there for Trevor too. There's a key and a note from your father in there."

Chelsea handed Trevor the envelop with a sense of optimism. If they had assigned him a room, it could mean he wasn't being kicked out of school. That hope was dashed with Mrs. Clarkson's next comment.

"Trevor, your things were put in the storage room on the main floor. I have a key so we'll get you in there later on to inventory it all and you can get any essentials for tonight," she paused a moment. "I'm sorry. I'm on the disciplinary committee and, well, I tried. I tried, but..."

"Thanks," Trevor said as he turned his eyes towards Chelsea.

"Tomorrow is a semi-mandatory uniform day."

"Semi-mandatory?" Trevor asked as he squeezed Chelsea's hand.

"Not everyone's stuff has been delivered. So, if you got it, wear it," Mrs. Clarkson said as she changed lanes. "You have that meeting with the headmaster tomorrow, you should probably dig it out of storage and wear it to that."

The van went silent for a few minutes. Even the younger kids remained quiet as the van got up to speed on the Maine Turnpike.

"So, you two have a lot of people talking," Mrs. Clarkson said as he peeked at them through the rear-view mirror. "I could hardly believe it was you, Chelsea. In that bikini and looking so happy."

After the van pulled up to the dormitory building, Trevor helped unload the bags. Within seconds he was surrounded by friends. Chelsea stopped and waited with her suite case still in trailing position at her side.

"Chelsea! Welcome home," Dave said as he moved in to hug her.

"Thanks," she replied as she wrapped her free arm around him.

Emily rushed in to be next to hug Chelsea. She pulled her suite case upright and let go of the handle to return the gesture with both arms.

"Don't worry, we have it all taken care of," Emily whispered.

"Thanks," Chelsea replied.

"Chelsea, you freak'n stalker!" Emily said with a wide grin.

Chelsea's heart sank and Trevor's eyes quickly turned.

"I'm SO freak'n jealous of you," Emily continued with a wink of her eye.

"Wow, you managed to get him back home," David added. "I figured he would be stuck in some prison somewhere and never heard from again. Good job keep'n our boy out of trouble."