𝙰 𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍

A pencil without led is well...pointless. It's dull, it's useless, it has no purpose and no one wants to deal with it. You either switch it out, throw it away, forget about it or resharpen it to give it a purpose again. In other words: You get to chose what happens, and control is a dangerous things when in the wrong hands. What do you think the theme of undertale is? Creation is a terrible, disgusting thing that brings chaos and hatred to life. You may say; "Creation gives us life!" But what is life with no purpose? What is life when it's completely empty.
------------

SANS! HURRY UP! WE CANT BE LATE!"

Sans jolted up, immediately alarmed by his surroundings. Another reset...? Why?? As far as sans remembered, nothing had gone wrong yet...Sans stared out the window, shaking of anger as the loud sound of bones rattling filled the room. Quickly, however, he gained his composure and forced himself back into reality.

"Sorry pap, i'll be down in a second." He forces out, getting up and unwrapping the bandages on his arms, He had written down time stamps all over his arm with a marker so he could know how far back they went. Hmmm....They were now 2 months back, he had decided to keep tracks on his arm because he discovered that his body moves back with the time and that his mind is the only thing that remains untouched. Minus a few photos that had been taken in certain places by certain people and certain times...If you get the hint.

Why did the kid have to do this to him exactly? Well, more like everyone but they knew damn well Sans was the only one who remembered. They were at the surface once more, where they had been genuinely happy. He believed that it was Papyrus' birthday in fact!....Sad when you think about it, such a horrible gift but alas, it's not bad if it never even happened. Of course, he should have known that the kid would get bored, and by now he knew he would never get a happy ending - Those don't exist in this game do they?

Sans shuffled out of bed, lazily putting on a new shirt and his regular old jacket along with his classic shorts. He grabs any small items he knows he'll need through the long journey that will be today, such as small ketchup packets, his phone, his empty wallet, a photo of he and papyrus at the plaza, and the random item of the day: buttons. Random things gave him a sprinkle of life, and hey, buttons were rather amazing.

The small skeleton walked downstairs, hands in his pocket as he quietly walked to the kitchen where, of course, his brother was making spaghetti.

"heya paps."

"SANS!" Papyrus screams, jumping up in shock, almost hitting sans with the pan, luckily sans could dodge or that would have hit him....

"woah, careful there. Only one HP here, I'm gonna head out, I'm...awake for once. Might as well live it down to the bone, am i right?"

"SORRY BROTHER!" The younger skeleton shrieks, panicked. Quickly his mood changed at his lazy brothers puns "Oh my god sans! I'm glad your finally active but must there be a pun every-time!!" Papyrus grumbled, Sans smiled and closed the door on his way out before teleporting to Grillby's.

"Hey sans, what are you doing up so early?" The flaming monster asked quietly. Grillby didn't talk much, but he favored sans considering they were both very close friends.

"Couldnt sleep." Yah, that's an excuse. Totally isn't another reset! No, never!

"Reset?"

"D-did i say that aloud?"

"This makes me feel....Nostalgic? Sans, I know you've explained this to me before. How could I forget? You were hysterical, it's hard to erase the memories of your friend breaking down and clearly something called a 'Reset' has happened again. I do not appreciate you lying to me, but I understand....What I would like to know, is if me and you were on the surface making food for a...Special event of sorts with....Oh I don't remember that much."

Sans stares at grillby in shock. The fact that grillby even slightly remembered something was almost a relief. He knew he shouldn't get his hopes up over something that may never happen again, but who could blame him? The only people who ever remembered were Frisk, Chara, Flowey, Himself and some shop keepers.

"D-do you mean- th-that you remember something?"

"It sure seems like that, of course I thought it was a dream but...well the way your acting gives it away." Grillby put down the glass he had been cleaning and stared over at the small skeleton. "So tell me then, are my memories correct? And why does it seem that only you remember?"

"Well, I'm not the only one who remembers...but I remember...you remember how I told you about my "father" right? And how h-he..did a lot....fuck, I remember because my code was switched outside of resets somehow....I wish I couldn't remember like you..."

"Why is that? I know you broke down but I don't remember the whole reason of it."

"The human who comes through here likes to switch things up and kill everyone. Other times their nice and save us, we were on the surface for two years and now we're back here..." Sans snickers and grabs the ketchup, drinking it up until it was empty. "What do I do..."

"I'm not sure..." Grillby looks around, thinking "I can't even begin to understand what that's like...but, I'm always here sans..." Sans sighs. He knows grillby will always be here, the man hasn't left his side. They grew up together, and they'd stay together on the surface as well.

"I know grillby...I know, thanks pal. Hey, can I have another ketchup?"

"Will you pay your tab...?"

Sans grins, raising an eyebrow at him "I think you know the answer to that."

"Sadly." The fire monster says bitterly, passing sans a ketchup bottle anyways. "There's something else I wanted to talk to you about....I'm not sure you'll know the answer though."

"What is it pal?"

"I recall there being someone...weird in one of my memories. They was sort of hunched over and had the most...terrifying smile I have ever seen. He only had one eye too, it glowed but I can't remember the color...Does that ring a bell?"

Sans frowns, taking a swig of his ketchup "No, sorry. Must have been a nightmare(oh how right you were) or something."

"Probably...I guess it's nothing then. My apologies." Grillby walks off to go clean in the back. Sans just sits there, watching all the other monsters. He wishes he could have peace like them, but he'd feel terrible if someone took his spot.
----------
Time cut
----------
Sans wandered back home, deciding to explore as much as possible to try and remove the thoughts screaming at him. Maybe he could work on a project to distract him? Like the machine out back...Sans shakes his head and continues to walk.

Thinking of what could have been a perfect ending is useless, because it's never going to happen. No matter what obstacles appear, the ending will turn out the same and he hates it- He hates how he thinks, he hates that all he can think about is murder-

Sans sits down on a bench and holds his head in his hands. This was going to be a long....long year. Years? Who knows.

"Do you think we'll make it out?" An echo flower starts to speak, waving around to call attention to itself. 'out, out, out' The others echo. Sans sighs and curls up, why were they mocking him?

Everything was against him at this point...every reset he discovered something new to remind him of what could have been and what wasnt...it was pathetic that he still got sad over them. This whole "getting out" thing was useless...it was pointless, why try to do something when it'll just be erased?

.....He was starting to realize his existence and the existence of the whole world was just an illusion - this world...was pointless.