leaving home

I'm leaving today for Auradon. I'm excited but at the same time I'm terrified which is kinda new. I mean I've never been to the outside world and now mom and dad want me to go as a Royal emissary!? What if I make a mistake? I don't want to be the reason my people go to war. Then again I'll get first hand knowledge of the outside world. Not just the old stories dad tells.
"Shepard ,son come on it's time to go." My dad calls from outside my door. "I'm coming father." I say as I open the door. "You look wonderful my son!" My mother almost shouts at seeing me in my new royal robes.

" They'll probably be outdated when it comes to modern fashion but you definitely look like a prince

" They'll probably be outdated when it comes to modern fashion but you definitely look like a prince." My dad says with a goofy smile. " We need to get moving if I don't want to be late." I said starting to walk to the launching area for our flyers. "Are you sure you have everything?" My mother begans to worry over me. "Yes mother I have everything right here." I held up my large duffle bag for her to see as proof.
"Very well have a safe trip. I know you will do us and Atlantis proud." "Thank you mother." I replied and kissed her cheek. I know this will be hard for her to, it's the longest I've ever left for. I turned to my dad to say goodbye to him as well. "Bye father I'll be back soon." I told him. "I know you will but here take this with you." He handed me The Shepherd's Journal. "So you can always find your way home." He said. I took the journal and then gave him a hug. Then I was on my flyer heading for Auradon.

 Then I was on my flyer heading for Auradon

(The flyer)