a new beginning

I landed my flyer near the entrance of the castle. I look around me and saw some other kids that looked to be about my age. They look welcoming and also a little in aww.  "Hello" I greeted the people as I disembarked my flyer. I was really nervous about what is going to happen and if I could really do this or not. Would I make my parents and country proud?

"Could someone please be kind enough to escort me to prince Ben?" I asked them. 

"You’re in luck actually I'm prince Ben, and you must be prince Shepard of Atlantis." The boy with short brown hair said. 

"Yes that's me it's an honor to meet the future king of Auradon. May our ancestors smile upon our meeting." I greeted him in my formal way. 

"Wait did you say, prince?" I heard from behind me now since I had moved next to prince Ben. 

"Yes, I am prince Shepard Thatch prince of Atlantis." I turned around to greet the young lady with blue hair. "And you are?" I asked.

 "You mean you don't know us? Who are your parents?" The young lady with purple hair asked. 

"Kidagakash queen of Atlantis and Milo Thatch king of Atlantis." I replied." Now may I know who you are?" 

"We're villain kids. Don't your parents have someone who tried to take over the kingdom?" The same girl asked.

 "Of course commander Rohrich he is dead," I replied calmly.

 "That's why we never heard of you. You're parents don't have a villain on the island!" Said the white-haired boy. 

"This is all well and good but I still don't know your names," I said looking around at everything.

 "Sorry. It was my first proclamation to give some of Auradon's villain’s kids a chance over here. This is Mal daughter of Maleficent, Evie daughter of the Evil Queen, Carlos the son of Cruella De Vil, and Jay son of Jafar." Prince Ben introduced them and pointing at each one.

 "Oh, that is a very good way to earn your future crown Prince Ben. It is also a pleasure to meet all of you." I said bowing at the four villain kids.

 "You can just call me Ben if you like. Would you mind if I just called you Shepard?" Ben asked. 

"That's fine thanks," I said relaxing a little.

"Now I know you're name's but not who is who care to enlighten me," I said with a mischievous smile.

 "Of course I'm Eevee!" The blue-headed girl said.

"A beautiful name," I said kissing the back of her hand. 

"I'm Mal." The one who questioned me said. I took her hand and did the same as I did with Eevee.

 "I'm Carlos." I simply shook his hand. Then I looked at the last one and had to look up just a little and when I did I saw the most handsome young man I have ever seen. I then realized he had said something.

"Oh I um I'm sorry what did you say?" I said trying not to make a fool of myself. 

"I said my name is Jay," he said looking at me with a smirk and made my knees feel weak. 

"Oh it uh it suits you," I said shaking his hand as well. I noticed Eevee start to pout then she looked between Jay and myself and brightened up. Weird.

"I hope we can be friends," I said addressing everyone but I mostly talking about Jay.

.

 "Sounds good to me," Jay said while looking at me and it made me blush. Oh, this has officially gotten interesting.

"Well, I'm sure you and Ben have a lot to talk about to ensure the peace between our kingdoms so." Said a girl who had not been introduced to me.

 "Oh, I'm Audrey, princess Audrey, Ben's girlfriend, and future Queen. So I'm sure we'll be great friends," she said.

 "Oh I see and how did you earn your crown?" I asked curiously. Not really like this Audrey girl. 

"What do you mean? How did your mother earn her crown?" She asked as of trying not to be condescending.

 "My mother was chosen by the great Crystal, that holds the knowledge of all who have come before, to protect our people. My father, however, earned his crown and his right to the thrown by fighting for our people and to protect my grandfather the former king. He actually holds my grandfather's crystal, passed on to him by the man himself right before his death, a high honor to my people." I replied. 

"Well it doesn't work like that here Ben chose me, were meant to be." She pouted. 

"Whatever you say," I replied calmly while the others snickered behind me. Why would Ben choose her? Cant, he tells all she wants is the crown and the title of Queen and nothing else. I don’t think I will get used to this way of thinking. 

“I was wondering if you can show me to my room so I can put my stuff down and rest for a bit before dinner,” I said getting my bag from my flyer. 

“Oh, yes sorry about that right this way shall we,” Ben said walking us to the Castle. 

“Don’t worry. He did the same to us, villain kids, when we first show up,” Mal said walking next to me. I notice how Jay was eyeing me as we were walking and I felt myself blush more.