Chapter 14 : Challenger

: Challenger :

: A person who questions the power, strength, or authority of a (person).

_____

"Eh? What's going on over there?" Naruto wondered out loud as he stopped on his tracks.

As he turned around the corner, there he saw a rather large and muscly man standing outside the Hyūga compound, screaming his guts out.

"Come out, cowards!!! I challenge you, Hyūga Hiashi!!!"

- - - - -

Hinata sighed as she put down her cup of tea on the floor, with all the racket going on, she can't seem to relax.

"Huuuh?! He's still here?" Hanabi asked as she casually walked in the incensed room, Hinata closed her eyes and forced a smile "I'm afraid so. Lately, father had not been accepting challenges..."

"What's gotten into him?" The brunette asked as she laid on her sister's lap "I guess old age have gotten to him"

"That's not a nice thing to say" The bluenette scolded.

"Hinata" A stern voice called, the two sisters looked at their father in surprise with a yelp "Father!"

Hiashi looked into his eldest daughters eyes and said "Ask the man to leave. If he persists, I want you to fight in my place"

"M-Me?" Hinata asked in surprise, Hiashi nodded and said "You are in the verge of mastering the Jūken. All we have to see now is you in action to know if you have mastered it. I want you to practice on him if he refuses to leave"

"Nee-sama in action?!?!" Hanabi's eyes sparkled with stars, she patted and straightened out Hinata's pink and purple kimono and hair as she encouraged her sister "You have to do it, Hinata-nee-sama!"

"B-But-" "It's not a request" Hiashi sternly said "Daughter"

- - - - -

"I-I'm really sorry, but can you keep the noise down?" Hinata asked, the gates opened by two guards.

The man tisked and said "Step away, girly. I'm here to settle a score!"

"P-Please be on your way, Hiashi-sama i-is not interested" Hinata said.

The man hissed and threw his large meaty hands to punch the girl yelling "I SAID MOVE, YOU PORCELAIN DOLL!!! Huh?!"

His fist stopped, as if he was paralyzed. His eyes widen as he felt a soft hand holding his fist, a massive chakra wave shutting off his entire arm emitting from the dainty palm.

"If you insist" Hinata said as she looked at the man with an innocent closed eyed smile "I'm afraid I'll be the one you're facing... I-I don't want to hurt anyone, so please help me out"

His sharp black eyes turned round in surprise,  as the air from his fist slightly blew back the meek girl's bangs, and before it fixed itself, he got a clear look of her unstained forehead.

"Ah, if it isn't the heiress herself" The man said in a daunting voice as he stepped back and rubbed his numb arm "I must say, I didn't expect her to look like a doll"

"I-I'm..." Hinata looked down the ground with a pout "I-I'm not a doll..."

Naruto hissed from afar, "What's that guy doing to Hinata?!"

"Alrighty then" The man almost twice her height said as he reached out to lift her chin "If- Ngh.."

"Back off"

The large man stopped as a kunai was pressed against his neck, he looked down to his side and saw blue eyes with a deadly look.

"Naruto-kun!" Hinata gasped in surprise.