four

if i told you that i loved you
tell me, what would you say?
if i told you that i hated you
would you go away?

now i need your help with everything that i do
i don't want to lie, i've been relying on you
fallin' again, i need a pick-me-up
i've been callin' you friend,
i might need to give it up

      KIRISHIMA wasn't really sure what it was. specifically what he had felt whenever bakugou had called him by his first name. he was the one that told him it was okay to use it, yes, but it just still sounded so weird when bakugou actually said it. not that he had used it outside of his room yet — it still had been shitty hair or something else insulting the redhead's appearance — but when they had gotten back to kirishima's room last night and they talked with each other most of the time, he referred to him as eijiro— with the occasional shitty eijiro, but he'll still take it.

it wasn't as if the feeling he felt whenever bakugou had said his first name was bad, per se. it was just nostalgic and unusual. something that he hadn't felt since he was just a child, way before junior high. it was something that he felt towards one thing in particular: his family. what was it though? warmth? comfort? soundness? maybe along the lines of those things.

kirishima had woken up that morning to an empty bed once again. he still wondered if he really was just imagining that bakugou was staying the night with him, but he knew by now that he wasn't. it was definitely real and he wasn't just imagining things. he also came to the conclusion that bakugou had left prior since he usually woke up pretty early in the morning to go work out. before moving into the dorms, from time to time again kirishima would wake up to a few messages on his phone from the ash-blond when dawn literally broke either asking him a quick question or responding back to a message kirishima send the night before.

"mornin', kiri!" mina was the first to speak up, a smile plastered on her face. she raised her hand up to wave to him as well.

"mornin'." kirishima responded with a smile of his own, yawning slightly and raising up a balled up fist to rub at one of his eyes.

"you ready for the provisional hero license exam in a couple of days, sleepyhead?" she asked.

kirishima had already made himself his usually morning smoothie and cleaned up his mess, along with leaving some leftover smoothie out for any of his other classmates to have. if he sometimes had leftover smoothie, kirishima would never waste it and rather share it with the others. his classmates were most of the time thrilled about this, since kirishima's smoothie making skills were pretty damn good. it's not everyday that kirishima had leftovers from his usually morning smoothie since he makes sure to make the right amount just for himself, but some days either he miscalculates the right proportion or he was just in a good mood and wanted to make someone's day. it wouldn't be the first time he's come across several of his classmates fighting over his leftover morning smoothie.

kirishima takes a seat at one of the wooden tables between the kitchen and the common room, diagonally across from where mina sat at the same table. he takes a short sip from his straw, "hell yeah." he responded, "i've been waiting so long for this day to come."

"me too." mina said. she leans back more in her seat, crossing her arms behind her head, "can you believe that possibly after two days we'll be one step closer to being official pro heroes? that's so crazy to think about."

kirishima nods his head at mina, his smile only faltering slightly to a smaller one, "yeah... it is crazy to think about."

"seemed like just yesterday we were just in junior high dreaming about getting into yuuei, and now look at us? we got in, we were able to make some awesome friends," she pauses, smiling softly at kirishima, "and we both got to see each other grow more ways than one."