five

what am i now?
what am i now?
what if i'm someone i don't want around?

i'm fallin' again
i'm fallin' again
i'm fallin'

      STUDYING was never kirishima's forte, but he always just had to suck it up and try his best with it. just passing by with his grades — most of the time — was already hard enough, especially when any information he tried to process goes in and out the other ear. information would only stick in his head if it was something he was actually interested in, so really the only thing that does stick with him is what he learns during the hero studies course with all might.

the redhead shut his eyes and lets out a deep sigh, leaning more onto his desk over the last minute studying prep he was doing the night before a supposed test aizawa was giving to the class tomorrow. he had been studying for the past two hours now, and he wasn't sure how much more he could take of it. it was incredibly close to just grabbing his worksheets, ripping them to shreds and throwing them off his balcony. but kirishima couldn't do that, obviously. he did need these notes.

kirishima leans his head into the palm of his hand as he lightly hits the end of his pen against his opposite cheek, a small pout forming onto his lips as his narrowed eyes, glaring down at the sheets of paper. at this point the words on the loose leaf in front of him began to look like a foreign language the longer he stared at them. he didn't have to time to dwell on his studying much longer, however, when he suddenly hears the sound of his door clicking and squeaking open. kirishima turns his head slightly to his left to peer at the door, seeing the familiar ash-blond make his way into his dorm room, eyes glued to his phone. he shuts the door behind him with the heel of his foot, then walks straight over towards kirishima's bed.

any stressful thoughts wavering in kirishima's mind instantly vanished at the sight of his friend. bakugou doesn't even spare a glance over towards the redhead even once he settles himself on kirishima's bed, gaze still locked on his phone. kirishima smiles, fixing his position in his chair so he could face bakugou while still sitting on it. straddling the seat now, he crossed his arms on the top of his chair, resting his chin on top of them, "welcome back, katsuki!" his eyes shut briefly as the large smile on his face remains.

kirishima opens his eyes again to see bakugou glancing over in his direction, looking him up and down, then back to his phone screen without a word. kirishima smile falters lightly to that, but hadn't put a damper to his entire good mood. bakugou had been strangely more quiet than usual today, even with him. the only time he snapped was when someone went up to him and tried to ask him what was wrong, which was already bad enough to do on its own terms, "hey, katsuki," the redhead started, "is something bothering you today?"

"no." his response was quick, meaning that there in fact was something bothering him, and kirishima was going to have to pry it out of him as much as he could.

"come on, bro. you don't gotta hide anything from your best buddy!" kirishima said, "you can't anyways. now i know something's wrong."

"just fuck off already, will ya? nothin' ain't wrong." bakugou said, his gaze still on his phone.

kirishima lowers his head and lets out a dramatic sigh, before pushing himself up from his chair. he steps away the wooden furniture and walks over towards his bed. just as bakugou spares a glance up at kirishima, the redhead falls onto his bed, including trapping bakugou's legs beneath him. the ash-blond's eyes widened as he shuts off his phone, placing it down on the nightstand, "the hell?!" he yelled, "get the fuck off of me!"

kirishima lets out a soft chuckle, crossing his arms against the bed and resting the side of his head on them, "i've already laid down, though." he whined a little over the top. he flips over so his back was what was trapping bakugou's legs as he stares up at his ceiling. kirishima doesn't hear bakugou say anything, so he pivots his head to the right to look over at his friend. ruby irises were already on the red head with a solemn expression, however, so kirishima grins widely, showing off his famous sharp-toothed smile.