More Company

"Well, this tavern is different than most." Tirpitz says as she, her sister and the commander find themselves staring at a whole roasted goose. The sisters then proceed to break off the legs while the commander cuts into the goose itself, taking a large part for himself, and the trio suddenly stops eating as they notice a presence or two nearby. Seated at the table right across from them are twin battlecruisers who sport long pink hair and ocean blue eyes. One of them has an eye patch that covers her left eye and she wears the likes of a minidress while the other has red rimmed glasses and wears an outfit that shares her sister's color scheme and would make Lara Croft jealous, and they in the middle of eating lamb stew.

"It's not every day we see our commander in here." The girl with the eye patch chuckles.

"What's up Scharnhorst?" The commander chuckles back. "The seas been treating you well?"

"Better than normal." Scharnhorst says. "I'm just surprised those Azur Lane idiots haven't gone after us yet. I mean we DID sink one of their "mightiest ships" after all. Instead they've gone after our allies, the Sakura Empire, and they had nothing to do with this!"

"At least this gives us time to relax." The commander replies. "I have faith in our allies. They've proven themselves a powerful force."

"You haven't spoken much since we got here Gneisenau." Bismarck says. "Everything okay over there?"

"Yeah, I'm alright." Gneisenau replies. "Just minding my own business here."

"You remind us of our old man here." Scharnhorst says. "When he first came to be commander he wouldn't even come out of his office until one of us practically dragged him out." She adds, trying her best not to laugh.

"Shut up! I'm not that old!" The commander shouts. "And you don't need to bring that up all the time!" The tavern suddenly goes quiet, leaving the perpetrator and her victim in an awkward silence. "Um... I mean... You're not wrong..."

"Yeah... But..." Scharnhorst then trails off, clearly having made a fool of herself messing with her commander as she feels many eyes gazing at her.

"This is why I like to keep to myself." Gneisenau says bluntly.

"Not helping..." Scharnhorst replies.

"...I guess we should just continue this after lunch?" Tirpitz asks innocently to try and break the silence.

"Let's." The commander quickly replies, and before everyone knows it the environment has returned to how it was before. Once the trio finishes their lunch they head outside with the twins in tow, and Scharnhorst walks over to the commander.

"I'm really sorry for making a scene like that." Scharnhorst says.

"I probably shouldn't have yelled like that either. I guess we're both to blame." The commander replies. "We still have half the day to kill, and we haven't been seeing any activity from the Sirens and the Azur Lane. Anything else you girls wanna do? I'm down for it."

"I say we do some target practice. We can never be too prepared, especially when it comes to the Royal Navy." Bismarck says.

"Alright, sounds cool." The commander replies as everyone heads down to the firing range and the girls bring out their riggings.

"Well we have our guns, what are you going to do here?" Scharnhorst asks.

"Glad you asked, I have a gun of my own." The commander replies. "I've kept this trusty karabiner around with me ever since I was a seaman, and my aim with this thing hasn't gotten rusty. Let me show you." He says as he takes aim at one of the targets on the range and nails it dead center. "It might not do anything to the Royal Navy's ships, but it's real damn accurate."

"I bet I can take down more targets than you." Scharnhorst says to Tirpitz.

"Oh really? Let's see if you can prove that." Tirpitz replies smugly as the two begin firing.