twenty three

Jaemin waves enthusiastically as Jeno jogs through the hotel's big glass doors, looking so adorably out of place in his ripped jeans and scuffed trainers

With the marbled floors and bright white lights highlighting the boy's black hair and colourful sports jersey wonderfully so.

"You ready?" He asks with such a wide smile on his face that Jaemin swears his mood is contagious.

"Yep, super ready" He had no clue what to expect as he'd never been to a proper game before, but after he had rung Chenle and the boy had linked him to a couple of full games that were uploaded to YouTube, Jaemin had started to feel more and more excited.

Of course, that feeling only heightened whilst he buckled himself into Jeno's car, the older starting up the engine as he gives Jaemin full control of the music.

"We should be there in about 20 minutes" Jeno states as he changes gears, catching Jaemin out of the corner of his eye, "It's gonna be a good game, we have really good seats"

"They weren't too expensive were they?" Jaemin asks, not wanting Jeno to have spent too much money, especially since the basketball player refused to let Jaemin pay him back even a penny.

Jeno shook his head as he flicks the indicator on, "We got upgraded", he answers, lifting his hand up to the mirror to thank the driver that let him go, "I don't know why, but when I gave my name they changed our seats, we're gonna be sat so close to the managers and the players themselves!"

"Oh... cool"

The model gives an appreciative smile, before sorting through the CDs stashed away in the glove compartment of the car.

"You have Chase?" Jaemin asks, looking at Jeno in curiosity as he pulls out the album in question, Chase Atlantic's self titled album.

Jeno nods as he checks his mirrors, "Yeah, you know them?"

"Love them" He answers, sliding the disc into the car's player, "Tried to get Hyuck to listen to them but I don't think it quite stuck"

At this Jeno breaks out into a grin, "Hm, Sihyeon likes a couple of their songs, but she'll mainly let it play for me"

"Do you know how the interview went?" Jaemin asks as 'Into It' begins to play through the car speakers.

Jeno shrugs, "I think it went well, she hasn't told me otherwise... but I need to speak with her so I'm hoping to catch her tonight"

They both had a lot to talk about, about her maybe moving to America, about him choosing a new basketball team to play for... about other affairs...

Jeno shakes his head, trying to clear his mind as he focuses on the road ahead.

~~~