fifty

"It's okay" Donghyuck repeats, his eyes locking with Mark's, "He's with me"

The security guard looks from Mark to Donghyuck, bowing his head politely as he apologises for the interruption. Mark watches on as Donghyuck converses with the man, thanking him for keeping them safe during the show with his soft honey voice, which leaves the guard smiling as he backs away with a nod, going off under the pretence of manning one of the exit doors.

Donghyuck has always been a people person, Mark muses, seemingly always in his element even in a large group, and yet, unbeknown to the idol at this moment in time, Donghyuck only wanted to be around one person.

Mark opens his mouth, fully intending to say something, and yet, he can't quite find the words.

Donghyuck clears his voice, his hands coming up to reposition the collar to his blazer as he bows his head shyly, "Hey..."

Mark's breath hitches at the sound of Donghyuck's voice, his eyes helplessly following the movement of Donghyuck's hands as they brush against his neck, his skin covered in what looks like miniscule stars from the night sky, and Mark concedes... he's completely and utterly enchanted by Donghyuck, "...Hey"

"Long time no see" Donghyuck hums, and there's a mischievous glint in his eyes as he catches the way that Mark's gaze lingers on him, specifically his hand that is still resting in the crook of his neck. The model has always been the playful one between the two of them, unable to hold himself back when he knows that he can always get a reaction from Mark, and so, Donghyuck slowly drags his hand from where it lies, running his palm down the expanse of his neck, his fingers fluttering across the sliver of exposed skin made visible by the blazer jacket. He watches as Mark's gaze follows his hand, the idol's cheeks heating up as he begins to realise what he's doing, before he's spluttering something incoherent.

"You can touch if you want" Donghyuck teases, his voice soft and sultry as Mark seemingly goes into panic mode.

Not being around Donghyuck for so long meant that all the ways in which Mark had learnt to cope with the model's teasing, falls short. He's out of practice, and he knows that Donghyuck will use that to his advantage. Mark feels his heart squeeze, and that's how he knows that Donghyuck is just as nervous as he is.

They stay stationary for longer than Mark cares to admit, neither of them really knowing how to make the first move. Mark doesn't dare make eye contact again, in fear that he'll lose himself in Donghyuck's eyes- the younger having a talent to be able to read Mark perfectly with only one look. Although he came to Japan to open both his heart and his mind up to Donghyuck, he didn't quite feel prepared to do it just this second.

"Here..." Donghyuck whispers, breaking the silence between them as he reaches towards Mark, grabbing a hold of the sleeve of his denim jacket, an almost shy smile displayed across his lips, "come with me"

Without waiting for a response, Donghyuck guides Mark backstage, weaving in and out of the staff and models of whom are packing up and changing out of their runway outfits. Donghyuck spots Rosé almost immediately as she is still in her white gown, standing out amongst the staff wearing simple black clothing. She waves them over to her, and Donghyuck with a soft pink adorning his cheeks, complies.

It's still somewhat loud and chaotic, and Mark's brain must be going a mile a minute with how his eyes are darting all over the place, taking everything in but he trusts Donghyuck's steady hands and so he moves without hesitation.

Rosé smiles knowingly when they reach her, parting from one of the staff members who are buzzing around. Her eyes rake over Mark, taking their time before she looks to Donghyuck, her gaze softening at her friend, "So... this is the famous Mark then?"