2.

Guardian

Novilar has ten Guardians, each representative of the ten Guardian Species. The Guardians govern one profession each, and each have their own dedicated territory. Although the player can select a patron Guardian on account registration, this currently has no effect on their gameplay or aesthetic experience; changing only the Guardian listed on their profile.

Lore

Little is currently known about the Guardians themselves or their origins, save that they are great beings holding more power than the animal species they represent. Their whims and wills occur for unknown reasons, but can be expressed to those who worship at their temple. In exchange for the items the Guardian most needs at that moment, or a Life or Death Feather, they will grant a reward as they see most fit.

It was the Guardians who opened the portals which allowed players into the world[1]. They did this in a desparate attempt to fight back the spreading corruption negatively impacting life in Novilar.

Quest

A Guardian's primary purpose is their quest, which must be acquired by visiting their temple (done through that Guardian's governed territory). If the quest is not completed before rollover, it expires, and the player must acquire a new one. There is no penalty for allowing a quest to expire, and very few players complete all ten quests.

Objectives

Quests are random - it is unknown if the RNG is weighted. The guardian will request a seemingly arbitrary list of items, which can be nearly any item available on site except for totems, potions, minipets, apparel, and Patreon Items. Although a quest may include a stack of items, quests never require more than three unique items[2] and so any given quest can typically be completed in time.

Rewards

The possible rewards for a quest differ greatly, and again it's unknown if the RNG is weighted or truly random. A list of possible quest rewards includes:

Common Kibble

Common Purity Potion

Cache of Items

Bag of Coins

A common-tier totem of that Guardian's species; or a totem of a secondary species which has made its home in the Guardian's territory

Life Feather

Death Feather

Offerings

The player may offer up a Life or Death feather as appropriate at a Guardian's temple. Unlike quests, there is no limit on how many times in a given day this may be done. So long as a player has the appropriate feather, they may offer it to a Guardian who accepts that feather. In so doing, they will receive a reward from a different pool, including:

A common-tier totem of that Guardian's species; or a totem of a secondary species which has made its home in the Guardian's territory

Gold typically valuing between 1,000 and 4,000 peices(verification needed)

Common Kibble

Common Purity Potion

Cache of Items

Bag of Coins

Alligator