Chapter 4: Y/n vs. Milo

A/n: I did my best with the picture above🤷 all I had was Snapchat edit option.

You easily herded all the wooloo from the challenge and made it to the field.
There were loads of people cheering and making noise.
The heavy lights blurred out everyone's faces so you couldn't see were Hop was.
'Hop better be recording this' you  thought as you stood in the indicated spot in the middle of the field.
Then the gym leader came out, with his adorable smile on his face.
You blushed and tried to act normal when we spoke.
"This might be a little too late but, welcome to Turffield! And the gym of course" he rubbed the back of his neck, "you know we haven't been properly introduced, I'm Milo the grass type gym leader!"
He stuck out his hand.
You smiled, "I'm Y/n, the ice type gym leader of Kalos"
"Kalos? So you not from around here?" Milo wondered.
You giggled looking at the crowd, "I think that's enough chit chat for now, I believe we've got a pokemon battle to begin?"
"Oh, yeah!" He said remembering.
You two turned and walked a little farther apart to an outer circle.
"Hey Y/n!" Milo yelled.
"Yes?" You asked.
"If I win, let me take you out to lunch!" Milo said, his voice getting quieter towards the end.
Did he really just asked a girl, a girl that he just met 30 minutes ago, on a date? No, it was lunch, and her friend can come too, you see it's not a date.
Milo fidgeted with his bandana  nervously as he waited her answer.
"Sure!" You said nodding your head, "and if I win," you thought, "I want your bandana as a souvenir from my very first battle in Galar!"
"Deal" he said tilting his hat up, "let this battle begin!"
The crowd cheered as both of you took out your first pokemon.
"Go Psyduck!"
"Come on out, Gossifluer!"
"Psyduck? I was expecting an ice type" Milo laughed.
"Psyduck, use ice beam!" you command.
"Psyduck!"
Milo didn't see that coming, "Gossifluer use stun spore!"
"Psy!" It's eyes flickered around as it stood paralyzed.
"Oh no!" you rummage through your bag, "I didn't pack any paralyze heal!"
"Gossifluer use razor leaf!"
"Psy! Duck!" He sighed as he fell over.
"Finish him with solar beam!"
You were in quite the shock, you weren't expecting for him to defeat your psyduck that easily.
"This is the ice gym leader from Kalos?" Milo said teasingly.
"I guess you really want to take me out for lunch, huh, Milo?" You laughed and took out your next pokeball, "I won't let you win that easily, let's go avalugg!"
The giant pokemon roared as it stood in the field. You could have sworn you heard Hop yelling your name.
"My father gave me this pokemon, Milo" you said petting his tail.
Milo gulped, he knew his Gossifluer did no stand a chance against a giant like that, "hang in there"
"Gloss!" she smiled.
"Avalugg use avalanche!" You said and just like that you defeated his Gossifluer.
"Great job, but I'm not going down that easily, we're tough as weeds!" Milo said throwing out his next pokeball.
You laughed, 'grass pun, classic gym leader talk' you remembered times you used ice puns during match's at your gym.
"It's dynamax time, Eledegloss!" Milo said and his wristband started to glow, "you're about to get uprooted!"

"Dynamax! I don't know how to dynamax- I've never done that before!" You panicked.
"It's easy! Just grab his pokeball and tell it to dynamax!" Milo said.
"Alright, here goes nothing" you whispered, "ready to try something new, avalugg? Let's dynamax!" You brought him back to the pokeball, and it turned large and purple, you had to hold it with both hands.
"Now turn around and throw it!" Milo said.
You did, then you ran away fearing that it might squash you.
The roar filled the stadium as Milo said, "it's ok, just stand in front of it"
"I'm used to having my pokemon in front of me" you said as you walk back to your spot, facing Milo.
"Alright Eledegloss, use Max Overgrowth!" Milo said.
Meanwhile your head was still trying to wrap it head over giant pokemon.
"I-um, use one of your max moves, Avalugg!" You said, "max blizzard?"
Avalugg did an ice move that wasn't known to you, AN ICE TYPE EXPERT.
But whatever it was, it was enough to take out Eledegloss.
Then all of a sudden, there was a giant explosion behind you. Startled you turn around to see your avalugg back to his normal size and snug in his pokeball.
"Oh my gosh! What a battle!" You said picking up avalugg's pokeball and placing it back in your bag.
"Congratulations, you earned your first badge, the grass badge" he handed you his green bandana.
You took the soft material and there was some cold hard metal on it, the grass badge.
"Thanks, Milo!" You said tying the bandana around your bag.
Milo looked a bit disappointed at the ground.
"Hey, how about lunch, then we go to your wooloo farm" you asked and Milo's eyes lit up.