part iii | reconciliation

Poe and Finn looked at each other in confusion. Finn looked slightly disgusted. Rose was looking upon them with a jaw dropped and eyes full of happy surprise. "Did they just marry each other!" she asked. No one answered Rose nodded. "They did. So romantic!"

Finn scrunched up his nose. "No, they didn't have any witnesses."

Poe stood up, his mind obviously distant. "We were the witnesses, idiot." He pointed at the hologram with his entire hand. "I feel like I should not have seen that."

Rose smiled and squeezed Finn's shoulders. "So romantic. At least we know that we can trust Ben."

"What are we gonna do about him?" Finn asked. "Can we trust him?"

Poe shrugged. "Rey told me what happened. He saved us all as much a Rey did. He is a hero of the Resistance. I already cleared his name. And I trust Rey's judgement. I trust a Jedi's judgment. Finn, you are not going to fight this. Take it as it comes."

Finn frowned. "Let's go talk to them." Poe shook his head.

"We'll head down to the rooms and wait for them to wake up. I'm quite sure they have more time in the hospital."

They followed Poe outside the room where they asked for a medical update.

"The female can be discharged today. No physical activities until the bruises are healed. They will be sent home with medications for the pain. The male will need to continue antibiotics for the prosthetic to take and to avoid infection in his abdomen. He will also need physical therapy for his legs, and he had the option to have the prosthetic covered in touch-sensitive skin. In our databanks, it is fairly often for Jedi to refuse the realistic look and feel of a normal leg. If that is the case, the male can be released today under the care of another."

Rose smiled and pointed at Rey. "That's his wife in there, she'll watch them."

"Wife?"the droid asked. "Do you have names? We can finally update their medical records."

"Jedi Masters Ben and Rey Skywalker," Rose told them.

"Home planets?"

"Rey is from Jakku in the Outer Rim," Finn answered.

Poe said, "Ben was born on Chandrila," he revealed.

"Years?"

"5 ABY, I believe?" Poe guessed

The droid turned to Finn. "And the female?"

"15."

"Thank you. You may see them shortly. You will be notified when they awaken."

They went and sat. Finn looked at Poe funny. "How do you know so much about Ben?"

"I was Leia's best friend when Han was gone. We would talk for hours. I probably know more about Ben than Ben himself," Poe revealed. Finn noticed that he was telling the truth, but not all of it. "She used to show me baby pictures and tell all these stories. Most of them were adventurous he and Han had. It seemed like she was a little jealous that Ben was a daddy's boy. She loved him with all her heart."

Poe looked down at his hands and rubbed his palms. "Leia was my best friend, Finn. And I can tell how much you hate the idea of Ben name being clean, but I have to give him and chance. For Leia. She died, reaching out to him one last time. And it worked. Her sacrifice won't be for nothing. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and you should to, Finn. For Leia."

Finn didn't say anything. "You not telling the whole thing. You knew Ben too," Finn prodded. Poe sighed.

"We were the only kids on base. Our parents were always busy. Too busy for us. I grew up with him like my brother," Poe admitted holding his hands up.