Ep. 19

~back to 1st pers. pov~

we gathered at the big hall. Khun and I sat down next to the crocodile. "turtles! what took you so long to get here!?" He complained, agitated. "I told you, We went to find a wat to get Rachel into the next round."

"you two went mating! that's why you're late!" I snapped, "wh-what are you saying!?" I slammed a hand on his back. Bam looked unaffected like this was usually what goes down. "so... did you find a way?"

"Yeah, we did. but we're still not sure. first, let's see how this goes."

Lero Ro walked over to the podium in the middle of the stage. he scanned his eyes across the crowd in front of him, "good afternoon, regulars. This is Lero Ro." obviously. "starting now, I will announce the regulars who passed the final."

the room went dark, and a bright white screen flashed behind him. it showed the picture and names of the regulars who passed. unsurprisingly, that me and that eggplant, much to my dismay, passed. what was shocking though, is that Paracule guy successfully passed. and looking at my side to see his reaction, he was also shocked.

a guy slammed his fist on the table, snapping, "what!? what is this!? why am I out!? Our team beat the test!! How come I'm not in there!?"

"you don't agree with the results?" Hansung Yu asked, not surprised by his insolent behavior. "of course not! why did I fail?!" he spat. "as I said, the teachers' scores factor are also factors-" the ranker was cut off by the man angrily spitting flames made out of words, "that's bull! quit the crap and change it! I passed! you coffee addict! you know how hard i tried on the last test!"

Hansung Yu's chair scraped against the wooden stage. he made a beeline towards the middle and made a hand gesture towards the man, telling him to come to the stage.

he walked towards the stage hesitantly.

"Ok, Mr. Murch. If you don't agree with the result, prove yourself here. now." Hansung Yu commanded softly. "what? how can I ?"

"it's easy. You just have to make it off of this platform without going crazy," he said simply. 

the man looked confused. we heard a sudden crack of bones as the man jolted up straight. "my shoulder!" he cried in agony. "you bastard!" he roared, another crack followed, and another, "damn! my legs!" not a second after, he screamed, "my balls!" what?

"P-Paracule! Help me!" his hands reached out towards the pickle looking coward. "huh? Mr. Paracule? Do you disagree with the results?" Hansung Yu asked threateningly. Paracule cowardly shook his head with a nervous laugh, "N-No way! I totally agree! I don't know what's wrong with him!" 

"P-Paracule! you bastard!" the man trembled on the ground. "damn! I'll keep this in mind! you traitor!! I won't die alone like this!" 

"wait!" a voice beside me called out, "I also disagree with the results, supervisor." Khun raised his hand while standing up, a smirk plastered on his face. Hansung Yu sighed loudly. "come up here please."

Khun made his way towards the big platform confidently. he stood beside the crouching man, looking up at Khun with eyes that brimmed with false hope. "I think he hasn't been beaten enough," Khun commented after taking a split second look at him. "Oh, I see." Another crack was heard and he fell down unconscious.

"so, what is your problem Khun? you passed the test with a high score. I'm sure you're not here to ask me to fail you." Khun put his hands on his hips, a small smile formed on his lips. "I want to bring Michel Light who failed due to injury, on the next round."

Hansung Yu sneered, "why do you care about Michel?"

"It's important to my friend." Hansung Yu's expression dropped and he started laughing. "O-Oh, I'm sorry! I don't associate you with the word friend." Khun looked at him annoyed. "But I'm sorry. she is too wounded to take the next test. and the rules say injured candidates can't participate in the next round."