Chapter 6

“Agent get up this instant or I’ll have you thrown off this carrier!” Fury’s voice broke through Scourge’s dream and she sat bolt upright.

            “What now?” She growled loud enough for the Fury to hear her through the door.

            “Loki’s in Germany go with the others and bring him in.”

            “Is he coming?” Scourge hissed.

            “Tony hasn’t shown up yet but we haven’t given up that he’ll stay out of this.”

            Scourge got up out of bed and went to her closet; outside she heard the Director’s retreating footsteps and muttered under her breath. “He better stay out of this.”

            Scourge pulled out her suit, weapons, and cloak from her closet. She put them on quickly before stocking her knives up and pulling up her hood. Running out of her room, Scourge found Steve and Nat waiting for her outside a jet. Bruce was staying in the lab to avoid any ‘accidents’ that could hurt them or innocent people.

            “Finally ready I see.” Natasha spoke up before going into the jet.

            “Let’s just go get Loki and finish this.” Scourge growled.

            Natasha made sure Steve and Scourge were seated before taking off and setting course for Germany. On the way there Scourge polished her knife while Steve tried to tell her the plan, unfortunately for him she wasn’t exactly the sociable type, even worse than Nat, and had started to come up with her own plan. The plan was simple in her mind; find Loki and stop him, and then maybe if Hawkeye was there she could get her mentor back. Steve’s plan on the other hand was; save the citizens, stop Loki from stealing something, and finally stopped at fighting and capturing him while doing as little damage as possible… like that would happen.

            “We’re here.” Nat announced as she flew towards where Loki’s signal was coming from.

            “Let’s do this then.” Scourge smirked. “Maybe Stark won’t have to come in after all.”

            “Howard?” Steve asked momentarily confused before remembering what he’d read on the files. “Oh, Tony…”

            “Yeah.”

            “What’s wrong with him? Every time you say his name or someone mentions him you-”

            Scourge stood up and opened the hatch door. “Found Loki come on let’s go.”

            She jumped out and rolled to absorb most of the impact before standing up right, doing a quick scan of the situation she could see a group of Germans crouched on the ground while Loki was shooting at the jet, which Nat expertly made fly out of the way, the most disappointing thing was her mentor wasn’t there, or if he had been he wasn’t anymore.

            “Loki drop the weapon and stand down.” Nat ordered over the jet’s speaker.

            Loki was about to aim at the jet again but Scourge tackled him to the ground while he was distracted, though it didn’t help much as she felt like she’d gotten more hurt than him as a piece of his armor dug into her side. Loki scowled at her and Scourge heard the others running away as Loki threw her off. Scourge let out a small groan as she hit the bottom of a step and felt the air rush out of her lungs, footsteps quietly walked towards her but she heard Steve drop down finally and join the fight before Loki could attack her again.

            “You okay Scourge?” Steve shouted over to her.

            “Just perfect.” She grumbled back just loud enough for him to hear.

            Scourge took out a knife as she stood up and turned to see Loki was starting to get an upper hand on Steve while Nat couldn’t get a good shot because they were fighting too close. Maybe I’ll change that, she thought before running back into the fight.

            “Hey Reindeer! Why don’t you pick on someone who’s as murderous as you?” Scourge taunted.

            Loki shot Steve away with his scepter and turned to face her. “For a mortal you seem to have an arrogant attitude.”

            Scourge could see a way to get to him and smirked as she started to circle the Asgardian. “Yeah well… maybe that’s just you’re opinion. Most people seem to find it hard to read me and when they do…”

            She lunged forward and stabbed at his side. “They read wrong.”

            Loki kept his composure and grabbed her wrist before twisting it until the knife dropped. “Well I am not one of those pathetic mortal scum that you kill on a regular basis.”

            Scourge struggled to free her wrist but for a guy with such non-muscular looking arms he was much stronger than her. By that time Steve had gotten to his feet and was picking up his shield to throw at them; that was when ACDC music filled the air and a flash of light sent Loki crashing into the stairs while Scourge was dragged off her feet and landed flat on her back. She let out another groan that sounded more like a growl as she realized whom the only person it could’ve been… her father.

            “This just got so much worse.” Scourge muttered.

            She got up and found Steve and Tony putting handcuffs on Loki and leading him to the jet, which Nat had managed to land. She walked in after them and sat down across from Loki, preferring him to Tony, and decided to glare at him non-stop until they got back, that proved more difficult than she thought as Tony finally noticed her.

            “So who’s the gothic agent?” Tony turned towards her with interest and Scourge sent him a scowl that was hidden in the shadow of her hood.

            “It’s a cover metal heart.” Scourge hissed as she glared at him. “And if you don’t shut up your arc reactor won’t be the only thing you’ll have to replace.”

            “Well someone is unfriendly.” Tony smirked.

            “Stark we don’t need to start a fight.” Steve spoke up as he felt the tension rising.

            “Well I think we should let them.” Loki grinned. “After all this is interesting to me.”

            Scourge turned to him and stood up until she was in front of his face. “If you speak again I will personally take my knife and shove it down your throat, then if you’re still alive I will use your own scepter to stab you continuously until no one will ever recognize your body.”

            “That is a rather high threat to make on my life considering you are to bring me in alive.” Loki narrowed his eyes as he thought he’d won.

            “I would love to see them try to stop me.” Scourge let a red haze of vengeance fill her gaze as she thought of everything Tony had done to her. Maybe after she killed Loki she could go after him.

            Loki noticed her hand going towards the dagger in her belt and widened his eyes slightly. Scourge grinned as she saw the faint fear flash on his face but was quickly pulled back by Steve.

            “Scourge enough!” Steve commanded. “We need him alive.”

            She struggled for a few moments before calming down and regaining her reasoning. “…Fine…. Of course, Fury can deal with him.”

            The others calmed down and all they heard was the rain that had started to come down. Thunder clapped near the jet and Nat dodged it, Loki started to show a lot more fear on his face and suddenly they all froze as something landed on the roof of the jet.