you shall never die . . .

Year 1001 | New World

"Do not ruffle my hair, Niklaus!"

"Too bad, for I already have!"

With an obnoxious laugh as he stuck out his tongue in humour, the 21-year-old Niklaus ran far from the heated gaze upon a hill, following his figure.

"With a great heart, I apologize, for you have to clean up his mess." Puffed out her cheeks slowly deflated as a young woman sat back on the cloth underneath and leaned back onto propped knees for her sister's delicate hands. Basked in warm sunlight, 20-year old Ivonna-Rosalie apologized to Rebekah, who in turn, held in a small laugh.

"You should let him be, Ivonna. Niklaus is always going to be poking your side as long as you are breathing." The blonde continued decorating red roses  in her older sister's hair.

"I can never let him be, Rebekah. Yes, he has always been poking my side, but due to that, you have to start all over again."

Finally releasing her laugh, Rebekah dressed in blue, raked her fingers the dark curls as they talked above a hill. Though she was taller in stature and preferred more masculine pastimes, the way Ivonna-Rosalie carried herself reminded Rebekah of their slight gap in age.

Allowing their eyes a break, the sisters roamed their stares across their family from their position atop a hill. Their eldest brother Finn was leaning against a tree as a soft breeze passed by Elijah chasing Niklaus through the field. The brothers soon tackled each other to the ground as the sound of their laughter unconsciously brought smiles to the women. Behind the men with a smile was the youngest of all, Henrik. His eyes burned with passionate flames while he followed in Elijah and Niklaus' footsteps. It was movement from her side that Ivonna-Rosalie was reminded of one more person. A hand, in that moment, clamped itself on her shoulder. 

"Were your eyes looking for me, Rosalie? I could see you roaming in search of me, desperate for an embrace." The woman in red relaxed at the playful voice of her and Rebekah's youngest sibling and most wild brother. 

"I was indeed, Kol. I was to call for you, though you have found me before I could say another word." 

Crouched by his sisters side, Kol folded one arm across his chest with a relaxed breath. His head leaned his oldest sister to bring a calm silence over the youngest children of Mikael — something rather unusual when the three are together. 

An off twinge in the air wafted into Ivonna-Rosalie's mind as her brows came together in question. Rebekah only eyed the young woman suspiciously from the side. Both women could sense something devious.

"Kol, is there something—" Before the eldest of three could finish her question, a loud shriek escaped her mouth. Her eyes shut at the sight of a dead squirrel in her brother's hands, "O, I cannot stand you, Kol!"

At the loud scream, Niklaus froze to focus on the woman in red. His nerves steeled at the thought of her in distress, but quickly relaxed when he saw Kol chasing with with something limp in his hands. Unbeknowest to him, a large smile broke across his dirt-adorned face, although cloud of slight jealousy churning inside him.  

"Watching Ivonna-Rosalie again, Niklaus?" Elijah's voice broke Niklaus out of his deep focus along with a punch in the shoulder. 

"It is something to enjoy, brother. I am just drawn to her, you would say." The younger man softly answered. As if he were Rebekah, who could hear and see them clearly, Niklaus laughed along with her. Elijah, as the wise man he is, noticed the change in demeanor. His crossed arms slowly fell.