Chapter 1

A/N:  Welcome to another book.  My idea for this is a short story, but we will see.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around what I want to cover.  When I decide that, then I will know how long the book will be.  

I'm going to warn you that this isn't going to a sweet and fluffy story.  What I have in mind has a lot of turmoil and Bas will be have to 'change' himself to survive.  If you aren't ready for that, then this isn't the book for you.  

For the ones that stick around, I hope that you can enjoy it.   :)

Bas POV

How did I get myself to this point? I still don't know exactly how I got here. Some could say that I was completely oblivious to what was going on around me, but I like to think that I'm just not that popular. Yes, I did win the popular vote for the Moon and Star competition, but it never really concerned me being that popular for the competition. My only true friend has been Kimmon. He has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. Other than that, I only know a few people, while I try to forget about some others. Ever since I heard Godt tell Tee that he wouldn't ever consider dating a boy, I just want to forget about him all together.

Well, I did a pretty good job of that last year, since I was still in high school while Godt was in college, but somehow, I ended up going to the same university as him and his friends, Tee and Copter. I definitely wasn't trying to do that, but I was following Kimmon. I didn't want to go to another university, so I followed Kimmon without even checking to see if it is the same school as Godt.

Talk about my shock when I went to the Moon and Star practices and I see Godt standing there. I'm also shocked when he doesn't recognize me, and I don't tell him either. I want to keep that awful part of my life in the past.

Well, I thought that would be enough to keep that portion of my past tucked away, but I was wrong.

I sigh and lean my head on Kimmon's shoulder. I look down at the table.

I don't want to look around the canteen. I can't stand so many people staring at me, which is almost a constant thing lately ever since several guys have confessed to me. I hate to say it, but they have begun to fight over me. However, the students seem to think that I have seduced the guys somehow. I still don't understand how the students could think like that. There have always been students around when the guys have confessed and everyone watching should be able to see that I'm not seducing anyone, not even Godt, who hasn't confessed, but he seems to always be nearby when a guy confesses to me. Godt also seems to have a frown, but I don't know why. I already know that he isn't interested in me and I'm happy.

Okay, I'm not truly happy. I just tell myself that I'm happy. However, even though it has been a year, it still hurts a little bit, but I have learned to accept it.

I sigh and wrap my hand around Kimmon's arm. "Hey, Kim. Will things ever go back to normal?"

Kimmon looks up from his textbook and he shakes his head. "I don't think that things will change anytime soon, but sooner or later, things will gradually get back to normal." He pauses for a second. "They have to."

I know that he is right, but deep down, I'm not sure if I can wait that long. These days seem to drag on forever, and I hate waiting for some guy to draw everyone's attention towards me while he confesses.

Don't get me wrong. I'm honored that so many guys are attracted to me, but I'm not interested right now. Maybe in a little while, but not right now.