Let Me Know

And with livin' comes with ills. Don't let 'em make you feel like the world can't heal. It's hard out here. Despite your fears, keep holdin' on. With all those tears, you can't hold 'em on~ Brent Faiyaz (Let Me Know)

Chapter One| Page One

N y x✓

The ringing never stopped, the music had already tore her ear drums to shreds and she'd only been near the party for nearly and hour. The loud music practically shook her bones. She swore she saw the surrounding houses rattle.

The booze smell was strong, considering the fact she hated partied she always seem to be at all of them.

She hated them ever since freshman year, it seems that alcohol really shows people's true colors. That and everyone always tripped over her small frame and would ramble on about how short she is.

She couldn't possibly even try drinking, even the though left a bad taste in her mouth. Nxy had grown up watching the man she though highly of fall apart and take it out on her brother.

It didn't really stick til he left and him blamed all his problems on her and her mother. The day he hit her was the day he died, not really as dramatic as it sounds. She sadly wasn't the one who killed him.

Alcohol poisoning really fancied her family, days later her brother had gotten a call that they had found their mother. Again, death by alcohol, but this time Nyx actually cared. They were also told they couldn't get ahold of the money their grandparents and mother left for them til they turned eighteen.

Nyx's twin brother Ryder, was known as the smart one, but when it can to money he would black out and you would never hear of it again. Nyx however saved it up, hoping to be able to save her future self from her troubles.

A hand pushed down on her shoulder. "Nyx! Come back to the party." Alex, a freshman everyone knew had a crush on her, whine putting his head in the crook of her neck.

"Sorry, Alex. You know I don't like parties, there not my scene." Standing up, making his head fall. "Why don't you love my Nyx?" The sudden drunk question startled her, what would she say?

"Alex, you know I'm going off to college soon right?" She ask, really trying not to hurt the younger boys feelings. "Yeah, so. We could do long distance! We could do over the phone dinner dates, and it would be so cute. Just you and I." He sighed dreamily.

"Alex, you have hope that's good. But you have to understand, I probably would not date you unless I knew I had feelings for you,"

"Your Mikkles best friend, your both five years younger than me. Next month I'll be twenty. And you'll just be turning fifteen in three, I don't know if I could do that, Al." She admitted to the drunken boy. The shine in his eyes faded but the glazed over look stayed.

"I know, I always knew that. But maybe you could be my first kiss?" He asked looking up at her with puckered lips. She knew she would be able to taste the alcohol, so she sneaked a kiss at the border of his lips and cheek.

"Bye, Alex." She waved heading towards her car. He just smiled sadly, but his eyes kind of just teared up. He wouldn't be getting his chance with the pretty girl.

The last part of the year, the night of graduation. The last this town will ever see of Nyx Enyo after tomorrow is doubted.

Page Two

"Nyx! Come get in the picture, can't have a graduation photo without our best friend in it!" All their words sounding fake, but Nyx's smiles genuine.