The recaps

When I finally walk away from the window, I see Thresh staring at me. I wipe the tears from my eyes and ask to be taken to my room. Once there I walk to the bathroom and take off my clothes. Stepping into the shower I finally break down. It's not uncommon for district 11 to receive younger tributes but I still didn't expect this. My family needs me, and I need them. I hear a knock on my bedroom door and the words "dinner is ready." I step out of the bath and walk to my closest and get dressed. wearing a yellow blouse and plain jeans I walk out to eat.

Everyone is sitting at the table. I see Thresh sitting next to flair, so I grab a seat next to Ava who is my mentor for these games. Set out on the table is chicken and rice. Rolls are in a woven basket and I also spot green beans and peas and corn. I watch as the Avox serves me my dinner. I am offered a glass of water, taking a sip I realize it has a somewhat fuzzy feeling to it. "What's this?" I ask.

Flair looks at me "Sparkling water it's good if you add lemon and lime to it." I look at her and wonder if she thinks I should already know what sparking water is. "If you don't want it the Avox is here to help serve you and make you feel comfortable during your stay."

"Can i just have water?" The Avox nods and walks away a few seconds later she reappears with a glass of ice water. "Thanks."

I take a bite of food and the flavor that comes from it all melts my taste buds. Whatever I have been eating at home sure wasn't food I think to myself.

I'm down to my last bite when I realize that I was being addressed by Ava, "Do you have any skills, Rue?"

I look down at my fork and think about what I'm going to say. I don't want to reveal anything to Thresh but he seems to not even be present. "I work in the orchard at home. I'm small and light. I can climb the tallest trees and hang on the slimmest branches. I'm fast and I can tell what plants are edible and what isn't."

Ava doesn't look pleased. "Any combat skills?" I shake my head and she sighs. How does she expect me to know any combat skills? I'm twelve.

The Avox walks in with a cake. I look at it and my mouth waters. "Where did thresh go?" I ask.

"He said he was tired. It's been a long day." Flair says. I guess I can understand that since I myself am tired. The Avox holds up the slice of cake and I hold up my plate. The cake tasted good. Made from chocolate and still warm. Once I finish my cake Flair asks if I want to watch the reaping recaps, I decide this would be a good time to figure out who my computation is.

We gather around the Television to watch the recaps. Ceaser Flickerman, the host of the hunger games, talks a little about how great it is to be here for another year and how great these games are. He talks about the treaty of treason and why the games are even a thing. Then he jumps to the contestants.

I try to remember everyone. District one has a pretty female named Glimmer and a scrawny boy, but I didn't catch his name. District two has a dangerous looking pair Cato and Clove. On and on it goes. Until District 11 my name is called, and I can't help but realize the fear on my face. Then there's Thresh. He looks so much bigger on tv. How am I going to compete with these people? I have no chance. Then district twelve is called. The female, primrose was her name, is called and her sister puts up quite a fight to make sure everyone knows she is volunteering. I can't help but be amazed at her bravery because she knows just as much as I do, her nor I have any chance of winning. The district 12 boy is called, they shake hands and the recap ends.