coolio

caseys pov

"...and it's becoming incredibly clear you don't feel the same way."

we were standing there, cold, at our schools running track. i had no idea what to do. i was speechless. i thought of simply running away but i've already done that. a dumb idea of kissing her crossed my mind but, that'd make me a cheater.. like elsa.

"i mean, why would you? you have a boyfriend who loves you and i'm just your friend." she softened her tone, "what i'm trying to say is.. i really like you. you actually get me. before you came to clayton i felt so out of place and had to put on a mask everyday. but when you moved here and we were put into detention together i finally realized i wasn't alone. you made me feel comfortable and around you i could act normal."

still speechless.

"now that i said this i think it'll be really awkward around eachother.."

i gave a small smile "it's fine. i don't mind."

"really? why?" she was confused but looked relieved.

well. i don't know why. if this were someone else i'd react differently. i think i'm fine with her liking me because.. i like her too. i don't think i should tell her that right now. i'm still with evan.

"nobody can resist me." i smiled.

izzie laughed "dork."

good, we're back to normal.

"hungry?"

"actually, i really am."

izzies pov

we got a bag of chips and sat on this short lil wall seperating the sidewalk and parking lot of a store.

i started talking until i got caught off by caseys phone ringing. evan. forgot he existed for a while. i have nothing against him, hes a good guy. just a little jealous..

"whats up? okay.. just with izzie.. sure. okay.. yup.... bye." then she hung up.

"wow that was quick." no complaints.

"yeah, he just wanted to hangout tomorrow. "

"coolio." what the fuck did i just say. 'coolio'? i sounded like an IDIOT......i AM an idiot.

"what?"

"i'm confused too." we laughed it off. i overthought way too much. like always.

there was now awkward silence. i could hear casey eating a chip and a few cars passing by.

"is it cool that i said all that?" i said breaking the silence.

"yeah. it's alright, iz. i really don't really mind it."

"cool."

"io." she finished. "coolio."

"i hate you."

"i know."