sleep deprivation

izzies pov

its 5am, why am i awake so early? i turn to see casey on her phone. "morning. you're awake early"

she jumps a little and looks at me, "what?"

"its like 5:30." i say showing her the time on my phone.

"oh. ha. i may have accidentally not slept.."

"what- are you not tired?"

"nope. i think. maybe i'm too tired to know that i'm tired."

"do you still wanna go on a run?"

"yeah. but if i pass out while running i'm blaming you."

i look at her confused "okay.."

"gotta get ready!" she says then rolls off the bed and onto the floor causing a loud bang "aH! that hurt WAY more than i intended!"

i quickly move to her side and look down at her from the bed, "what the fuck, newton!"

"i know right!" what? "hah. my back hurts now." she got up slowly and picked out clothes to wear.

"you're so confusing when you're sleep deprived." i got up and got clothes from my bag to wear, "i think i like drunk newton better.".

"what? i am not confusing!" she picked out the tweed suit from the dinner party and showed it to me "ooh, i should wear this on the run."

i laughed a little "are you sure you're okay to run?" i said walking over to her.

"yeah yeah yeah! of course i am, iz. you're talking to someone who went on a run right after an appendix-otory."

"appendectomy." i correct.

"yeah, that." she put back the tweed suit into her closet and picked out proper clothes to wear for a run "besides, if i do pass out i won't have to go to school."

"smart. maybe sleep-deprived newton isn't so bad." i say walking to the bathroom to change first.

"nO ME FIRST." she said running into the bathroom first like a little kid "ha. too slow." she said before closing the door.

"sorry?" i walked over to the bed and flopped onto.

"...izzieee" i hear her call from the bathroom after three minutes of being in there. "can you get me my shirt?"

"yeah." i say as i get up. i get her shirt and knock on the bathroom door.

"who is it?" i hear her say on the other side.

"its izzie, dummy."

"oh right." then she opens the door to reveal her with no shirt on and just a bra.

"oh- uh- here." i hand her the shirt then turn away.

i hear the door close and a small "thank u"

uhhhhhhhh. did i just see casey shirtless?
yes.
how do i feel about it?
yes.

"i'm done." she walks out and lays down on the floor near me.

"whatcha doing?" i say looking down at her.

"....floor."

"nice." i get up and leap over her body. "have fun on the floor." i say before entering the bathroom.

i take a quick shower and when im done i walk out to see casey sleeping peacefully on the floor. weird how she falls asleep on the floor and not on a bed. also weird how she also looks cute sleeping on the floor. also, also weird how i have a crush on a girl that's my best friend, straight, in love with another, and never gonna like me back.

thats just how life is huh.

caseys pov

i wake up to see i'm on my floor. to my surprise i felt really energized. i get up in my.. running clothes?

the fuck?

i go down the stairs and see izzie in living room just sitting on the couch with her phone. she's in her uniform though.

"hey, iz. why was i on the floor? and why am i wearing this?" i asked walking towards her.

"oh, we were getting ready for our run at like 5:30 and you passed out on the floor." she said it so casually as if i do it all the time, "i didn't wake you up cause you had like- no sleep."

i looked at her confused, "i have no memory of that at all."

"weird. anyways- you should probably get ready. i'll get a piece of toast for you to eat in the car." she smiled then walked into the kitchen.

i went upstairs to change and bumped into elsa, "morning, hon."

"okay." i said walking past her.
that felt mean.
whatever.

i walked downstairs and grabbed my bag, "iz, lets go."

"i kinda burnt your first piece of toast so i'm toasting another one."she said from the kitchen.

"it's alright. i'm not hungry."
yes i was. i just didn't wanna be late.

she grabbed her bag and walked towards me, "i know you're hungry."

"maybe." how'd she know? "let's go." i said opening the door for her.

she walked out and i followed her and we entered the car. as i was starting up the car she said, "make sure to 'not' hit nate." doing air quotes at 'not'

"i'll try 'not' to." i joked doing the same. she giggled. her fucking giggle.