Chapter 21 - Amber

Unscripted Videos = Most unboxing videos or people filming themselves playing videogames tend to be unscripted videos. They just film what happens and tend to fix problems from the recording during edits. I don't do them often, but I know that a lot of people like watching them, for example, the unboxing videos, not just for the products in the boxes but also the reactions from the people doing the unboxing. I mostly don't like editing them, it takes so long.

The week is going a lot faster than I expected it to. It's Friday evening and I'm watching the comments coming in on my new video, one about my new makeup, and I'm responding to some of the comments. My subscribers liked the video and there are some people saying that I should try to do more of them, while others want me to do more makeup looks videos. I'd love to do both, but doing hauls costs money and doing looks costs a lot of time... Both of which I don't have much of.

So I keep trying to find a balance that doesn't seem to exist while also trying to not burn out too fast on all of this. Sometimes it's hard to know what the best thing to do is...

I should be working on more videos and homework this weekend, but I kind of don't want to. I know that Mya is at home right now and that she doesn't have anything important to do, she told me so herself. Which makes me consider if I should ask her to come over, or go over to her, or just talk to her online... all things that scare me. I keep trying to decide what to do when I get a message.

'What are you doing?' It's from Mya.

'Watching comments on my video.' I smile a little. 'You?'

'Reading a manga.' She sends me a couple of funny smilies with it.

'Anything I would like?' I've read a bit of manga these last couple of days, sneaking it in between other things, trying to do something else than always either working on uni or the channel. And also to maybe understand Mya a little better, understand what she likes.

'This is XXX rated, got it from Izzy a couple of days ago. Not sure if you'd be into it, it's pretty high-kink.'

I raise an eyebrow at my phone, but then decide to not ask more about it. I'll trust her that it's probably not something along my tastes. I'm more into the sweet things, not so much into the super sexy stuff. 'I'll leave you to it, then.'

'I'll bring you something cute when I see you next. Izzy got a really cute magical-girl manga from a friend. I think you'll really like it too. Izzy was already talking about doing cosplay from it for an event early next year.'

'Cool.' I'm not really sure what else to say to that.

'What are you going to do this weekend? Any Halloween plans?'

'Not really.' I don't usually have people to celebrate with, so I tend to just watch movies by myself, or just ignore it even exists, apart from picking up some super-sour and funnily shaped candy. Halloween isn't really much of a thing in the Netherlands, though more and more places do things around it, usually just candy though, and scary movies on TV, but little more than that. 'What about you?'

'Elliot and I are going to watch some Japanese horror movies and drink and eat way too much Halloween snacks. Do you want to join us?'

My heart beats faster. Should I? Won't I be imposing on them? But before I can answer I get another message.

'You can crash at my place if we run too late and the last bus has already left, and you can bring Luuk too, or any of the other guys if they're interested.'

'Would that be okay? Won't Elliot mind?' Of course, bringing Luuk with me would be easier, but also, that would make it really obvious how nervous I am around her, and won't that be bad? He'll be teasing me about that for weeks, more than he already does...