The Movement

After the opening, Leia and Eadwulf slowly wake up inside their cell. A guard steps out and slams on the bars waking them up completely. Grendel walks down next to the guard with Geri and she has a faulty smirk on her face.

Leia: What do you want?

Eadwulf: Me.

Leia looks at Eadwulf in horror. He stands up to comply but she grabs his hand and holds him in place. He looks down at her and she is slowly saying no. Eadwulf shakes his head no and Leia pulls his arm further down. Grendel rolls his eyes.

Grendel: He made a deal. We're supplying you both with medical supplies and food for whatever party you're apart of.

Geri: In exchange for favors. Mostly from him.

Leia: Eadwulf...?

Eadwulf: I'm sorry. But to further ourselves.

Eadwulf rips himself from Leia's grip and walks out of the cell. Geri runs her hand along his cheek and Eadwulf growls. Grendel slaps him on the back of the head and silently told him to shut up. Geri then lead Eadwulf back while Grendel looked over at Leia. Leia glares back at him. Grendel scoffs and turns back to Leia.

Grendel: Dont worry. He's just my dog.

Leia: He's a person. A person who had his parents robbed from him.

Grendel: And his father was a man who robbed me of my wife.

Leia: I wonder why.

Grendel slams his hands on the bars and growled.

Grendel: One who wont betray their species.

Leia: You think I'm betraying humanity for caring about a Faunus? I'm doing what a good natured human should do and protect the-

Grendel: Tell that to Kahn!

Grendel rips open his vest to show a brand of Sienna Kahn's White Fang emblem in his chest. Leia is almost shocked as she reels back from the sight.

Grendel: Do what a good nature person does: Protect their people. No chances. And if I have to turn that bastard son of mine into a mindless beast to protect my people then I will do it! See you in hell then, little lady.

Grendel walks off as he buttons up his jacket. Leia sighs and sits back down in her cell. She takes out her scroll and sees there is still no signal. She sighs and places it on the bed. However, a small signal marker is seen as she walks away, thinking.

_________________________________________________________

Back at the mining center, Ember and May are standing by the permitter, keeping watch. May looks a bit distraught. Ember sees this and walks over to her and wraps a hand around her shoulder and pulls her close.

Ember: You ok?

May: Yeah.

Ember: Kitten?

May: It's been 5 weeks since Canary. Two weeks ago Leia and Eadwulf left. They should have been back by now.

Ember lets go of her and walks off to the side.

May: Sorry. Now I got you worried.

Ember: Not worried but equally concern. Both can handle themselves. But you are right. It's only a 2 day train ride from the outskirts of Vacuo to western most Vale. Still...they most likely got into some trouble.

May: Then maybe we should move back to Vale. Launch a rescue operation and-

Ember: You're over reacting. Look, it's probably just Vale cracking down on them. Remember what Bazaar said to us back in Mistral. The entire city is going on lockdown. Probably just a lot of check points.