Chapter Three

" Wake up,"

Cole felt the pain as some substance entered his eyes, and he hissed out; he blinked a few times, making the stinging sensation worse, until he finally saw the dark, demonic figure of Emilio in front of him with cleared vision. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he noticed he was in a new room. It was empty and the only colour visible was the walls that was painted black; the wallpaper peeled off like the dry skin on his own elbows. Scratching and scratching away like his life that was currently deteriorating by the second. 

Emilio sprayed the liquid in his eyes again, and Cole grunted, attempting to thrash his arms out in front of his face.

" Quit it!" he yelled weakly, his body audibly shattering backwards from the sudden shout he had attempted.

Emilio stepped back and let out a deep chuckle. " Relax, Boy. It's only water. You've been knocked out for hours."

Cole licked his dry lips, letting his small pupils gaze around the tiny room once more. " Where am i?" he asked. " And where's Elliot?"

" Quieten down with the questions," Emilio dismissed him.

He started towards him and began to untie the ropes from his arms; his wrists were bleeding, but Emilio failed to care even in the slightest. He lifted Cole from the ground and Cole found it difficult to carry his wait. His head jerked towards the exit, but Emilio shot him a glare, and Cole just stared back at him. He knew it was pointless trying to run.

" Me and you need a long talk."

" Long talk," Cole protruded a dry laugh, as if he'd swallowed a spoonful of flour, and gripped onto the musty desk beside him. " I can barely breathe, never mind talk."

Emilio shook his head with worrying insanity, smiling with his face towards Cole as he began slowly pacing across the room. " Oh, Boy. You're weak, that's your problem. You're no man. Two days on that ground and you're bones have already become numb, haven't they?"

Cole just stared at with beaded eyes, laced with an anger like no other. Emilio stopped walking with sudden alert. " You know, i do wonder how you children managed to kill Rose. You're all weak and pathetic."

" Then why do you want us here with you? Why don't you just let us go?" Cole challenged, stiff as he gripped the desk in front of him tighter, splintering his nails and wincing out; he was proving Emilio's point right there, and a pang of some unusual emotion hit him inside. He had, had many of those since the traumatic event. He didn't know himself anymore.

Emilio let out a cackle, and Cole's skin formed into goose-flesh. Emilio held his belly, his head tilted back until he finished laughing. He then began walking across the tiny room.

" You see, Boy. You have no idea what it did to me when Rose died." Emilio said. " Not only did I lose her, but I also lost my two girls that I'd had in my life for a while."

Cole's body shuddered. When those two inspectors told Cole about the girls Emilio had kidnapped, his blood drained from his body. He'd seen photos on the news of them young women, and they were in a more horrifying state than the three of Rose's victims ever were. He knew Emilio must have had them there for years, starving and scared.

" They kept me going. I had nobody else here. Yes, they were afraid, but they were young. Any child would of been. But I loved them deep down, and I know they loved me too. They loved me."

" Why are you telling me this?" Cole interrupted, unable to listen to any more of Emilio's revolting mouth; it flashed him back to those times, when that bitch would call him Steven, fully convinced that the man she both adored and hated at the same time was sat right in front of her, but in reality it was a teenage boy who just wanted to go home and see his family.

Cole gulped, feeling the emotion water prick his eyes, and he looked towards the ground so Emilio couldn't see the harm he was doing.

Emilio stopped walking suddenly, slowly turning his head towards Cole and eyeing him with an animosity-filled glare.

" Because you ruined what I had going for me. I had it for so long, under my control, and you and those other wastes took it away from me. And you took my Rose." Emilio said, his voice flat.

Cole couldn't believe his ears. " That women was a crazy bitch, she needed to go! You're both sick, fucking crazy sick!"

Emilio snapped, shoving at Cole's body and he fell to the ground. " You do not speak about her that way, Boy! Never!"

Cole immediately threw his hands up to protect himself from Emilio and he was shaking head to toe. God, he'd changed so much since all this had happened to him. Before he could take a yell, take a dig, hell even take a brick if he needed to. And now, he felt defeated, it literally disgusted him. She'd ruined him.. just ruined him. And Emilio only made it worse.

Cole couldn't take anymore of this.

Emilio let out a breath, and Cole could hear him lightly laughing under his breath in the silent room. His footsteps felt heavy on Cole's sensitive ears, and he squeezed his eyes shut between his hands.

" Don't worry. You all really thought you had got away with this one. All three of you brats are going to pay. All three of you."

Three?

" Why do you think I've got Bella on my side."

What?

Emilio began sniggering again. He sniggered once, then again, until all you could hear in the room was Emilio's loud howls.

" That little girl really thinks she's going to get to keep use." He wiped a fake tear from his eye.

The hair on the back of Cole's neck stood out so much it pained him and he could feel his cold heart beating quickly in his stomach. Emilio took a step towards him, and crouched down so he was in eye-line with Cole, but Cole refused to look into those dark, demonic eyes. Emilio claimed all dominance, and almost whispered,

" Oh how wrong she is."