I'm never gonna say I told you so

"How could you do that? How could you betray me like that?", Yaz cried. She wiped the tears from her face while looking at the man standing in front of her. Never in her life had she felt more hurt than in this exact moment. "I really believed you had changed after what we've been through, after the first time.", she continued with her voice breaking. The man didn't say anything. Only looked at her like a child who was told for the third time not to jump on his bed, bored and annoyed. To him all of this was just another inconvenience, Yaz thought, to him this relationship had never meant just half as much as it had meant to her. To him, the world was a game and the one who got to sleep with the biggest amount of girls would win. "You're such a coward, you don't even try to defend yourself! Was all of this a show?", the woman asked calmer this time. "I'm wondering with whom else you've been with that i don't know of? Or actually no, no I'm not and you know why? Because we're through and it's none of my business anymore. I'm packing now, don't talk to me, don't even look at me!" As soon as she had said those words the police officer turned around and went straight to the bedroom to pack up her most important belongings and clothes for a few days.

But after she had finished packing all she could do was sit on the bed, thinking about how fast things could change. Only that night she had laid there, next to him, telling him "I love you" before she had fallen asleep. She had been intimate with him in that bed, she had slept in the same place that he had been in with other women, better looking women, taller women, thinner women, thinking that he loved her back. No, she wasn't able to move the slightest bit.

When the Doctor got a message from Yaz asking her to pick her up at the flat she was watching earth from space. Comfortably wrapped in two blankets she sat there, watching the earth turn, knowing that down there were seven billion people, some sleeping, some working, some going to school or watching TV. Some of them being late for an appointment, some of them waiting for their friends to come back home from a trip to the other side of the globe and maybe, only a few of them, looking up to the sky wondering what was beyond.

Although this was the place she could feel most like herself, having to leave that view for a moment or two wouldn't hurt her, especially not if it was for Yazmin. So she stood up, got rid of the blankets and pulled the levers until the tardis slowly disappeared.

When she landed in Yaz's bedroom the brunette barely realised the Doctor was there so the timelord helped her stand up and walked her into the console room. Something bad was up but now was not the time to ask, the only thing she could do now was get her out of there. She went back into the bedroom to get her companion's bag when she saw a shattered picture frame laying on the floor. Carefully the Doctor picked it up and turned it to see what was in the photo; it was Yaz and Mike, her boyfriend of almost a year now. Yaz had been pretty busy getting a promotion the past months so the blonde had only met him once, very briefly, and all she got from that afternoon was that she couldn't stand him. He had been loud and ignorant and had always interrupted Yaz when she had tried to tell the Doctor about what was new in her life. She had told Yaz that he wouldn't be the right man for her but she wouldn't listen.

The timelord put the frame back to where she had found it, grabbed Yaz's bag and hurried back into the tardis where her companion was still sitting on the floor, her eyes on the ground.

"Yaz, I'm gonna get us out of here.", the Doctor promised and as soon as she had said that they went back into the orbit around earth, where she had been before.

When the tardis had steadied herself she Doctor went over to the seemingly broken woman and gently stroked her arm.

"Hey", she said softly and sat down next to her. "Do you want to get somewhere warmer?", she asked but didn't get a reply. After a moment of pondering silence the Doctor broke it saying: "Okay but I am getting you a blanket at least." She was ready to do anything for her. But in that moment Yaz slowly lifted her head and looked into the timelord's eyes: "No, let's go where you wanted to go, I'm sorry."