🌹𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 4: 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 🌹

María woke up to Josh bringing breakfast into the room. "I got donuts!!!!!" Josh squealed excitedly. "Thanks Josh!" Josh took a chocolate donut with rainbow sprinkles out of the bag and gave it to her. He then took one out for himself. "María, I have another surprise for you, I bought two plane tickets for us to fly back to your home!!!" "Josh!!! Are you serious?" "Yes of course I'm serious! I can meet your family, see your house, spend some more time with you, it'll be awesome!" He was practically jumping up and down with excitement at this point. "I'm so happy! Thanks Josh!!!" "Anything for you gorgeous." They both finished their donuts and got ready for the day. María sent a quick text to her friends saying that she wouldn't drive with them and she would be going with Josh instead. She quickly took an Uber to her hotel room to pick up her things and say goodbye to her friends.

María and Josh packed their things and took an Uber to the airport. They picked up their tickets and drop off their bags. They also had to wait about 30 minutes to go through security. Once they got through security and found their terminal, Josh pulled out his phone and FaceTimed his mom. "Hey mom, I want you to meet someone." He said with that goofy enthusiastic smile he always has when talking about María. "Is it a girl?" His mom asked. "Yes, mom I'd love for you to meet, my girlfriend, María Lopez." "Hi Mrs. Richards!" María said cheerfully. "Oh my! Hello María! It's so nice to meet you!" "Nice to meet you too!" "So, how long have you two been together?" "Umm," María had no clue what to say. They only had been together two days now. "Like two days." Josh blurted out the same way he did to her friends. "Really? You seem like you've know each other your whole lives!" "Thanks mom! It really does to be honest. I'm flying to Tennessee to meet her family!" "That's great! Tell them I said hi, María!" "Of course Mrs. Richards!" "Thank you dear! Bye!!!" "Bye mom!" "Bye Mrs. Richards!" Josh ended the call just in time because the plane was about to board. "I love your mom, Josh." "Thanks. I love her too." They proceeded to board the plane and got seats right next to each other. Josh let María have the window seat. They had about 15 minutes before the plane took off. María was a little nervous about flying in a plane, because she only flew once before, but tried to hide it. Josh was so excited and couldn't sit still. The flight attendant was going over the safety information and the pilot was wishing everyone a good flight. The plane was starting to move and Josh grabbed María's hand and smiled as the plane flew high into the sky. María felt calm now and she didn't feel the need to be nervous anymore. About 30 minutes into the flight, Josh rested his head on María's shoulder and fell asleep. She played with his brown hair while he slept, she ended up falling  asleep too. By the time they woke up, the plane was about to land. The pilot announced the temperature of Tennessee and that the plane was landing in about 10 minutes. For the last ten minutes Josh and María talked the whole time. They talked about music mostly, a little about vines and favorite foods. María took a few pictures of her and Josh together to put on her Snapchat story. They finally landed and got off the plane. They got their bags and took an Uber to María's house.

       "¡Mamá! ¡Estoy en casa!" María yelled you her mom, Maríza, who was in the kitchen making dinner. Josh looked at her in awe, "I never knew you spoke Spanish!" "¡MARÍA ELIZABETH LOPEZ!¿Quién está contigo?" Josh had an almost scared look on his face. "Mamá, este es mi novio, Josh." María said cheerfully. She was also bracing for a yell from her mom. "¿QUÉ? ¿María tiene un novio?" Her older sister, Alejandra, shouted from her bedroom; so did her younger brother, Eric, and younger sister, Luna. "¿Qué?" Her mom said, as she rushed over to see Josh. "Umm, ¿holá?" He said shyly. "¡QUÉ LINDO!" María's mom said when he saw him. She ran over to him and gave him a big hug. "I speak English too, just so you know." She said. "Oh okay." Josh said with relief. Eric rushed over to say hi to Josh. So did Luna and Alejandra. "Omg. Josh Richards?! From TikTok?!?!" Alejandra asked. "Yep! That's me!" Josh replies with a kind smile. "Come and eat with us, Josh. I've made empanadas!" Josh and María's family sat down at the large, oak dinner table. María's dad, Luís, was questioning Josh about almost everything under the sun. What school he goes to, where he plans to go to college, what he wants his job to be, how many relationships he's been in prior to María, how long he knew María; almost everything. Dinner seemed to go rather quick because of all the talking. "Mamá, Josh is going to sleep over tonight, is that okay?" María asked politely. "Of course! He's welcome anytime. Make sure the door is kept open AT LEAST three inches, goodnight kids!" María's mom replied sweetly. She really had no idea how her family was going to react to Josh. She thanked God that they ended up loving him almost as much as she did. She led Josh up to her room. "Omg! I love your room!" Josh exclaimed as he jumped on a fluffy white bean bag chair. "Thanks! I also have these!" María said as she grabbed a remote for the LED lights she had on the walls. "Ooh! Can you make them a light blue?" Josh asked. "Of course, flacito." Josh smiled at the nickname, having no idea what it meant. "Wanna watch some Netflix?" Josh asked. "Sure! How about Stranger Things? I've heard it's really good." "That sounds great. I haven't seen it yet." María grabbed a fluffy blanket from her closet and crawled into bed with Josh next to her. They got about 2 episodes in before both of them fell asleep, holding each other.
———————————————————————
Thank you so much for reading! The next chapter will be fun, trust me! Hope everyone had a great day and enjoyed my story so far! (Word count: 1072)