Blackwood's Bakery

Lucille Blackwood, a normal girl like every other.

She lives with her mother and father in a beautiful house in the middle of Bloomington Indiana.

She doesn't know better than to be baker Blackwood's daughter.

She's only twenty one years old and always helps her parents in the bakery.

'Lucille, can you please go help your father in the bakery? It's getting crowded in there.' Lucille's mother spoke.

'Of course mother.' She said as she stood up and left the house walking directly into the bakery that was attached to the house she lived in with her parents.

'Lucille!' She heard her father call her name.

'Yes father?'

'Can you please go help Mrs. Archer?'

'Of course father.' She said as she made her way to the old lady standing infront of the whole row of people who were waiting for their turn to order bread.

'Good morning Mrs. Archer what can I do to help you?'

'Hello my dear, I would like to have an uncut white bread.' The old lady said with her old and creaky voice.

'I'll get it for you Mrs. Archer.' Lucille said and she walked away to get the bread.

'Is this one good Mrs. Archer?' She asked as she walked back to the old lady holding the bread up.

'That one is perfect.' The old lady said.

Lucille nodded and put the bread in a bag.

'Oh no.'

Lucille looked up from the bag with bread in it.

'Is there something wrong Mrs. Archer?' She asked.

'I'm afraid I'm missing a few dollars, I don't have enough for the bread.' The old lady said.

Lucille quickly glanced around the bakery.

All the costumers weren't paying attention to her and her father was to busy helping the other costumers.

'Just take it.' Lucille said giving the lady the bread.

The lady looked up at her with thankful eyes.

'Thank you my dear.' The lady said as she was reaching out to give Lucille the money.

'Thank you ma'am but keep that too please, we earn enough every day.' She said.

The old lady smiled thankfully.

'May god bless you my dear, you are a real angel child.' The lady said.

Lucille smiled as the lady left the bakery.

'Next costumer!' Lucille said when the lady had closed the bakery door behind her.

And that was how it went for the rest of the following hours.

'Lucille?' She heard her father call her name.

'Yes father?' She asked.

'I can take it from now on sweetheart, you can go back to your mother now.' He said.

'Okay father.' She said as she took off the apron she was wearing.

She walked out off the bakery right back into her house.

'Did it go well?' Her mother asked right after Lucille had closed the door behind her.

'Yes it went really well mother.' She replied.

'Was Mrs. Archer there today?'

'Yes Mrs. Archer was my first costumer of today.'

'Did she bring enough money this time?' Her mother asked.

Lucille hesitated for a moment.

'Yes, she had enough money this time mother.' She said softly.

'Good, so you didn't gave away any bread today?' Her mother asked.

Lucille nodded her head.

'Yes mother.' She said.

Her mother smiled.

'Good, you're finally starting to learn it.'

Lucille pressed out a small smile, trying to make it look as real as possible.

'Do you want to help me make dinner?' Her mother asked.

'Of course mother.' She said as she stood up and followed her mother to the kitchen.