Indianapolis' library

Lucille got out of the car and thanked the man for driving her all the way from Cloverdale Indiana to Indianapolis Indiana.

'You don't have to thank me, I was on my way to my parents who live here a few miles further away anyways.' The man said.

Lucille smiled sweetly.

'I hope you'll get to know your father a little better.' The man said before driving away.

'Me too.' Lucille said, almost whispering.

She took a few deep breaths before entering the city.

She started walking through the city, not knowing where to start because she actually didn't think she would've get this far, to be in her father's, her real father's hometown, the place he was born and raised.

After some hours of walking around the city she stood in front of a library.

''your father was a criminal''

Her mothers words repeated in her head.

Than I might find answers in here.

She entered the library walking to the library counter.

The middle aged woman behind it smiled sweetly at her.

'Hello my dear, how can I help you?' The middle aged woman asked.

'Yes I am looking for some information about my fa-' Lucille stopped at her sentence when se remembered what her mother told her

''It's dangerous.''

'I mean, I'm looking for some information about local town criminals from back in the 1900 till 1930. ' She quickly said.

'Yes, we got a lot of information about local town criminals, come with me I'll show you.' The woman said and she beckoned Lucille to follow her.

Lucille quickly followed the woman.

The woman stopped in front of a large cupboard with shelves which are full of papers.

Lucille picked up one of the piles of paper.

'Is this what you were looking for ma'am?' The woman asked.

'Yes, this was exactly what I was looking for, thank you ma'am.' Lucille said, smiling at the woman.

'It's a pleasure.' The woman said before she walked back to the counter.

'Let's get to work.' Lucille said to herself and started looking through all the files.

'How many criminals did this town have?' Lucille sighed at herself.

She laid the files she was holding down and ran her hands through her hair.

'This is hopeless.' She said laying her head on the table.

'Is everything alright ma'am?'

Lucille looked up and saw the counter lady standing next to her.

'I can't find the criminal I am looking for.' Lucille said.

'Who are you looking for ma'am, I can help you find your criminal.' The woman said.

'I'm looking for John Dillinger.' Lucille said quietly.

The woman laughed softly.

'He's not a criminal my dear, he was a hero here in Indianapolis.' The woman said.

'A hero? But my mother told me he was a criminal.' Lucille said.

'The government saw him as a threat because he robbed banks so they called him out as a criminal, but with all the cash he earned from that robbing he helped the poor people, he was a hero to the citizens and a criminal to the government.' The woman said.

Lucille listened to her in awe, not believing what she heard.

She had entered Indianapolis knowing her father was a dangerous criminal, but now, a few hours later, she sat in a library hearing that her father was an actual hero to the people there.