3

Jennie rolled over on her back, her head in her hands and her ankle engulfed in pain. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see different players from the team running over and a screaming Lisa being held back by her coach.

“You can’t go out there!” Coach Bae was yelling at Lisa, who was in hysterics and fighting the coach’s grip. Finally the coach had no other choice but to release her into the crowd of confused football players or be at risk of a serious injury.

“Jennie,” Jungkook was shaking Jennnie’s shoulders.

“Don’t shake her!” Coach Wang yelled, and Jennie winced. All of the noises were making her head pound with indescribable pain.

Lisa dropped to her knees in front of Jennie and wrapped her hand around the girl. “Jennie…” Lisa pulled Jennie onto her lap, holding the girl’s injured head against her chest. “Jen, please be okay…” was the last thing Jennie heard before she blacked out.

---------------

When Jennie finally opened her eyes to the world again, she was surprised to find that the unfamiliar hospital room was completely empty. Confused and more than a little dazed, Jennie attempted to sit up only for a rush of nausea to hit her body. “Hello?” She called, and there was a sudden burst of commotion outside the door that made Jennie in spite of herself.

“Can we go in?” she heard someone outside ask, with a bunch more questions following it. There was femine voice that commanded for everyone to stay still and finally the door cracked open, revealing Jennie’s doctor on the other side of it.

“Did we win the game?” Were the first words out of Jennie’s mouth, and Dr. Kang chuckled.

“I’ll let your friends fill you in on the game. Right now, I’m going to tell you what your injuries are.” Jennie was itching to know the result of the football game but kept her mouth shut. “You have a concussion. Do you know what that means, Jennie?”

“Yes,” Jennie answered obediently.

“Alright, good. You’re going to be fine, but I want you resting for at least a week, okay? And no sports or too much physical activities for at least two weeks.”

Jennie’s mind whirled despite the pain it caused her. The championship was in three weeks. What if she didn’t get to play on the team because of this? It was all she had ever wanted, and now her dream was slipping through her fingers. Outside she could hear the excited chatter of her friends - how many people were out there, exactly?

“You also twisted your ankle a little, but that isn’t anything that won’t fix itself over your resting period.” Dr. Kang put a bottle of pills on Jennie’s bed. “Take these whenever the pain is really bad. Your parents are outside and ready to take you home, and remember to rest, okay? I’ll let your friends see you first.”

When the door opened a flood about about twenty people entered. Lisa, Jungkook, Jisoo, Rose, and Kai were leading the group, with atone friends and some football players following close behind.

(A/N: Don’t worry guys Kai's gay in this story. Plus he might not appear much.)

“We won! We’re going to the championship!” Jungkook yelled, and everyone cheered. Jennie grinned but cringed at the loud noises being made from all the visitors.

“Shut up,” Lisa told everyone upon seeing Jennie’s discomfort. “Hey, Jen jen. You didn’t tell me your friends were so cool.” she gestured to Jisoo, Rose, and Kai, who all laughed. “Are you okay?” Lisa sat at the edge of the bed, smoothing down the covers under her hands. Behind Lisa, Jungkook was looking at the pair with expressionless eyes.