[10]

You were tucked behind some crates as you used them for cover. You heard screams of different commands. "Hurry up!" You heard pirates scream.

(Flashback)

"Cm'on! Hurry up!" Din motioned and you ran after him. You had a grin on your face as you followed him. Din was one of your best friends, and you had to admit your silly little self had a crush on him even though you both were only the age of 7. "Look look!" Din said as he tugged on your sleeve and pointed. "What do you think it is?" You asked as you peered into the forest to see the shiny object Din pointed out to you. "We should go look." Din said as he began to approach it.

"Din, wait Din! I don't think- Ugh." You sighed as you followed after him "Aw it's only scrap-metal." Din sighed as he examined it. But you looked beyond it just being some 'scrap-metal'. You saw a little symbol in between two other pieces of metal. You then used your little hands to pry them apart. You saw a familiar sign that your parents would always talk about, and other adults. It was the symbol of the Jedi. "Hey Din! Look at this!" You said and Din rushed to your side. "Whoa it's from a Jedi's ship!" He gasped excitedly. You took the small symbol to examine it closer. "Aw wait it's broken." You said as it was cracked in half vertically. That's when an idea popped into your head. You gasped and smiled. "I have an idea!" You said as you took out two long strings you had, as a child you randomly would have things that you were intrested in at the moment. But that is when you took the two broken pieces and tied one to a string, and taking the other and tying it to the other.

"Look, friendship necklaces!" You grinned excitedly but Din had a frown. "Aw but I'm not a girl!" He said and you rolled your eyes. "Just because your a boy doesn't mean you can't wear stuff like this, plus you can just hide it under your shirt! They can be secret friendship necklaces" You said and Din tilted his head at the outstretched necklace that was being handed to him. "Okay okay, I guess so." He said as he put it on, making sure his clothing was going to hide it, but before he tucked it away he admired the half Jedi symbol and he smiled.

(End flashback)

You peeked out from the corner and shot down a few pirates and then ducked back behind the metal crates. You inhaled deeply as you strategized a plan to get to the Captain. Who was, cowering in a tent on the other side of the camp. You peeked out one last time and noticed that the left was your best direction of course. You then sprinted away from your safe spot and began shooting at all the nearby pirates as you darted to the next safespot.

You continued to do this until you were at the Captain's tent. You then burst in and rolled to avoid blaster fire from three guards. You shot two of them and then used your leg to swipe the third pirate's legs out from underneath him and eventually blasting him as well. You were still hearing blaster fire as you assumed that the pirates were shooting at your ship or just being dumb and shooting at what they thought was you.

"Hold it, bounty hunter." You heard a voice as you felt a barrel of a blaster pressed to the back of your head. You had been so preoccupied with the bodyguards that you had lost track of the Captian. "You're making a big mistake by stepping on my territory." He said pridefully as you lowered your blaster and raised your hands. "You should have paid the ransome I wanted instead to come save your Mandalorian friend. Which, might I add I know why you've come to kill me. Because I know his identity. I do respect the Mandalorians but you know curiosity gets the better of us pirates, especially me! But not to worry, I haven't said a word about his identity to anyone to honor his tradition." He said and you growled. "You'll regret it. If you kill me you'll have a bounty on your head so high that the entire galaxy will want to hunt you down." You growled and the pirate laughed. "And that's why I'm going to keep you for ransome! As well as your Mandalorian friend!" The pirate said as he walked around so you could see him, with the blaster still pointed at your face. You rest your hands behind your head as you rigged the panel on your arm to command the ship to leave orbit and back to guild headquarters if you were to die.

"Well, that's what I'm going to tell them anyways!" The pirate laughs as he straightens his arm, aiming for your head. "I should have killed that Mando when I got the chance." He said as he babbled on. But one sentence stuck out to you, "And it was odd to find out the Mando's identity, Din Djarin. Funny how I crossed paths with him when he was just a boy." He said and your eyes widened. You lowered your hands in shock as you looked up at the pirate. Din was the one beneath that helmet? That was why you recognized his voice, because his father sounded so similar. "Din.." You whispered and the Captain stepped forward. "But it won't matter that you know now." The Captain laughed for a moment and continued, "It won't matter because this is the end of the line for you, bounty hunter." You squeezed your eyes shut, your mind scrambling for an idea of how to possibly escape. You could kick the blaster out of his hand but you were on your knees, he'd see it from a mile away. And you highly doubted he had a loose grip on his blaster.

You heard a blaster shot an then nothing.

Except for what sounded like something falling in front of you. You opened your eyes to see the Captain dead before you. You turned around to see the Mando standing there, blaster in hand and his other arm wrapped around his torso. You got up and ran to him, helping support him on one side as you noticed he was most likely going to fall again.

You were able to help Mando- or now known as Din back to your ship.