Chapter 2:

Firepaw:

I am pawing down the stream to the waterfall to get something to drink and maybe wash my fur. Odd, you may think, for a cat to like water. I love it, it is refreshing. Lightkit is following behind me going on and on and on about how she wishes she could age faster so that she could fight in The Clan Throne Battle. Well, so do I... maybe I'll just go undercover. I don't know. I want to have some value to this clan, StormClaw. I get lost in deep thought about it...

Lightkit:
Hm... I wish I were a warrior. Then I could have an exciting life of being in battle. My mommy, Angelpelt, is a warrior. My daddy, Dustpelt, is a warrior too. I think they are going to fight in The Clan Throne Battle. I wish I were them. Lucky paws!

Fire pelt:

Lightkit and I reach the waterfall.

We get as much of that refreshing water into our bellies as we can. Then we bathe. I dive into that cool water and soak in it. Then I dry myself in the sun. Ugh finally that annoying kit Lightkit is gone home!

My ears perk up as I hear a predator. It growls... then I see bright, mean eyes. They glare at me. My mind panicks. Oh,no! Another cat! I think he is from Flameclan, which us just across the bridge from us. I growl to scare him off, but he remains there, growling. "Now it is time for a rematch. You may have beat my clan in The Clan Throne Battle, but now you die!" He rips the fur of off my shoulder and I mew in pain. I scratch him as hard as I can, and my claw gets stuck in his pelt. With one arm, I try to climb atop of him. Then I bite his back. Blood gushes from his wound, and pretty soon he dies. I bring his pelt back to the Claw Resting Pines and one of the peltless elders buys it from me. Now I have a sack of mushed leaves which is a medicine for wounds here. I could put this on my cut, so I do, then I go to  nap in a bush.