DRAGONBORN

RENNEN TUIRSEACH WAS PLAGUED by nightmares ever since she was a little girl

   RENNEN TUIRSEACH WAS PLAGUED by nightmares ever since she was a little girl. She would wake up screaming, covered in sweat and her vision hazy with images of monsters that would tear her family apart and blood that decorated the walls as if they were part of paintings. It was those nights that consumed her, created her vision that the world was full of monsters.

And it was.

Rennen became used to the monsters as she grew into a young woman. People sneered at her as she passed by, whispered to each other as if they told secrets of the empire. She knew what they said. The cursed girl of Skellige, the girl who was born covered in the blood of dragons and not her mother's. A mere rumour. Yet it had been spread all over the isles of Skellige, all over the Northern Kingdoms and to the Nilfgaardian Empire. A rumour of a girl that was born with fire through her veins and eyes as red as the volcanic reefs in Bremervoord. 

Many believed them.

Yet, what was supposed to be expected of a girl born beneath the Black Sun? The rumours, at least part of them, were true. Rennen thought fire coursed through her very being, consuming every emotion she could push through the walls that had been built in both her head and heart. There were moments where she thought she could eat the world raw, devour anything and anyone that stood before her and what she wanted to achieve.

She was every bit of a monster the others made her be.