Chapter 9: Longing Gaze

Robert's POV

As we reach the mansion, I realize both of them had already been asleep and could not be woken up. So, I called for the butler to help Sarah up her room and decided to do the same for Lin myself. I realize the soft body that is in my embrace is moving around trying to find a more comfortable position is rather light as a feather and more petite than I thought.

Of course, I had embraced Asian woman and they did gave me an instinct to protect with their petite figures and seductive eyes, but this is different. Her eyes hold more innocence, lips more inviting and body that of a cat. I could cuddle with this body, I thought. It might not be so bad to get married to her and spent a life time with her, unless she could treat my babies and the marriage sincerely without betrayal. Although, I could never give her the fairy tale love that every girl dream of I can respect her and treat her better than anyone else could. I might seem arrogant declaring such promise but people who know me well would surely know the truth of my words.

I carried her to her bed and finally tuck her in, promising myself that I would not further delay my proposal beyond tomorrow no matter the situation. I have always been of the mind that 'an early bird catches the worm' and that had been how I had become one of youngest billionaire and how I had saved myself from scheming peoples including my so called manipulative fiancé.

"Good night! My sweet angel"

Other's POV

We have always had a habit of sleeping only after knowing that our kids are safely home. This had been the routine since the time Sarah was made with an accident with Pitt two years ago. It has been a torture for us that evening on our way to the hospital. We have been guilty since then for not reaching there sooner.

If only we had not kept our phones on silent or have not fallen asleep we would have heard the insistent calls that our daughter had made and we would have reached by her side sooner than later. But our selfish wish to not be disturbed during our private time had made our lovely princess be helpless and lonely that unfortunate night.

If not for the fact that Mrs. Johnson had forgotten to bring the usual midnight for Sarah to her study and heard the house phone ring, we would have never known of the accident that very night and would have left Sarah alone.

From our bedroom that is near to the front door in the First flood we heard the sound of a car slowly approach.

"It must be Robert"

"Hmmm" answered my husband.

Surely it is Robert and he is welcomed by Mr. Johnson.

"Welcome back Sir"

"Hmm"

"Oh! Is Miss Sarah and Miss Lin with you?

" Yes. Help me bring Sarah to her room?"

"Oh! Okay."

On hearing that Sarah was with him I relaxed and decided to sleep but soon stop and turn to have a peek came to me when the realization was drawn on me that if Sarah is helped by the butler than what about Lin. I poked on my husband's chest and pointed him to the direction of my son who ia carrying Lin in Princess style.

"They looked so cute together"

"Indeed", answered my husband looking at my eyes knowing full well what I would be doing next. He opened the door and waited for me to move first.

Indeed, my husband knows me well. With a mischievous smile I passed him and silent move towards the corridor that leads to the Children's room in the second flood. Just as we reach the outside of Lin's room we saw my ice block of the son gently tucking Lin through the small opening of the door. When had this stupid ice block been this gentle.

To say that we were shock was an understatement, for in the next moment we would be witnessing the most shocking thing in the last 50 some years that we are alive. Robert giving a light kiss on Lin's lips and wishing her "Good night My sweet angle". His eyes were full of warmth and longing and a bit a lust.

"Is that my son?"

"shss" said my husband, his fingers already on my lips, and telling that we should move. Only then realization drawn on me that I have spoken the words loud and that we would be caught red handed any minute if we don't move fast. And so we quickly left the corridor into our room.

Only after we reach the room, I relaxed a little and start question my husband.

"Is that really my son? When has he ever treated women gently?"

"Doesn't he treat you and Sarah the same way?"

"you fool!...it's not the same"

"Both of you are women"

"Of course you are women...but he had never treated an outsider that gentle let alone women or even Rosaline. Ho! Ho! My dream is coming true sooner"

"What dream?"

"Of course my dream to finally have a daughter-in –law and the mother of my grand-children"

"do you really think so?"

"Of course! I am sure of it. Haven't you seen his gaze just now?"

"What about his gaze?"

"Of course, his gaze looks like a man in love just like how you look at me...just like how..." I suddenly realize my husband's teasing stare.

I punch his chest and pouted, "Don't you want a daughter in law?"

"Of course I do...if it makes you happy."

"What does that even mean?" said I, a little aggrievedly.

"What happen now?"

"What do you mean if it makes you happy....are you still blaming me for what happen with Rosaline?"

"Of course not, Hunny. It was not your fault...now stop overthinking things and sleep early so that we can wake up early tomorrow to plan...Alright."

Saying this, my husband kissed the top of my forehead and closed his eyes. I know he is trying to change the topic but I didn't expose him for I know it was my fault to bring up the taboo topic that everyone is eager to forget. I cuddle into his body and inhaled his smell and close my eyes. May be tomorrow will be an exciting day.