Prom Douchebag.

"Uhm... What is this?"

"Hello to you, too, Brittany."

Standing on the other side of Brittany's front door was West. With him was his new, but not so new guitar and amplifier. He figured it was time to let his best friend know what he loved doing the most, he was finally ready to share his love for music with the ones closest to him.

Brittany narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the image in front of her. West just didn't seem like the guitar type. "You play guitar now?"

"Could you let me in, please. I saw your parents leave twenty minutes ago. Date night, is it?"

"Oh, wow. Stalker, much?"

West raised his shoulder in a half shrug, "It's my job as your best friend to know you and your parents' every move."

"That is fair." Brittany nodded, she moved aside to make way for West. "You may enter."

He walked into the house and to the living room to set up his instrument for playing, "And to answer your question, I do play guitar now. I've been playing for a while, and you know... singing." He revealed to his best friend who dropped down next to him on the sofa.

"Wow, you are just the complete package, aren't you? Why didn't you tell me?"

West thought back to why he was keeping it a secret in the first place, he just didn't want anyone to spoil things for him so he became selfish with that which he loved. Everything that he'd ever shown an interest in had always disgusted Paul so much so that he himself started to hate those things, music was one thing he was determined to stay committed to, though.

"You're the first person to know this about me. Aside from my Dad, who found out a few months ago."

Brittany cringed at the mention of her best friend's Dad, if it was a few months ago then surely Paul blew up on West. "Yeah? How did he react?"

"It wasn't pretty. But I guess he's okay with it now."

"Okay, so you're here to give me a free concert, right?" She beamed excitedly.

"Not exactly. But I will be inviting you to plenty of them in time."

"What's that mean?"

West took a deep breath before a huge, genuine grin overtook his face, "I got accepted into a music programme in Michigan!"

"What? No way!"

"Yes, way! That's why I didn't tell you what I applied for. I wasn't sure they'd take me."

"Why the fuck not?" His best friend exclaimed. "You're like, insanely talented!"
She knew for a fact that West put his heart into everything he did, and even though she'd never heard him sing before, she was a hundred percent sure that they had accepted him for a reason - he was talented. She'd been longing for something big, something wonderful, to happen to West, and quite recently, he'd been getting treated as good as he deserved, he had found someone he liked, maybe loved, and now he had gotten accepted into a school far, far away, just like he had always wished. She couldn't help but feel elated for her best friend.

"Brittany, you don't even know what I sound like."

"Your point?"

"Hehe," West snickered, "Thanks, I guess. Have you received an acceptance letter?"

"Yep. University of Florida, can you imagine?"

"I can imagine, yeah. That's great news, Brittany."

They both took a moment to revel in the contented atmosphere, who would've thought that just a few months later, their lives would've changed so drastically, and in such an amazing way, too?