[Mika?]

"Do you... hate me?" Mikasa asked, she leaned forward slightly in the chair, holding her own hand.

"What? No! No, of course not!"

"Then are you scared of me?"

"Not... directly." Eren tugged Carla's sleeve, pulling her away from the conversation, Grisha following after.

"So you are..."

"No, Mikasa..."

"What happened to 'Mika?'" Mikasa's eyes seemed to lower, as though they were being weighed down, a solemn look on her face, she wasn't trying to hide it as she usually did.

"Huh?"

"The nickame... you gave me?"

"Oh, um, n-nothing!"

"Then why have you stopped using it?"

"I haven't!"

"You just adressed me by my full forename..."

"I just- I just forgot for a second, ok? Don't take it to heart." Mikasa turned her head to the side, nibbling her bottom lip. "Um, thanks for protecting me from Annie..."

"What?"

"Remember? You promised you wouldn't let them hurt me, and you kept it."

"Oh... right, I did."

"I'm just sorry for not doing anything for you."

"You got Eren. Without him I would have probably gone too far."

"Oh... yeah." The two sat in an outstrched silence, as though talking was onerous, a chore.

"Look-" Both Mikasa and Sasha started at the same time.

"Sorry, you first." Mikasa said, looking up slightly to meet Sasha's soft gaze.

"Um, I just wanted to say..." I don't hold anything against you... I really like you, alot, alot alot... I think... I love you. "Nevermind. Your turn."

"Um..." When I get out of here I want to kiss you and hold you tight forever. "It's nothing..." Again, more awkward stretches of silence.

"You're a really good kisser." Sasha blurted out, forcing Mikasa to look up at her as she smiled awkwardly.

"What?" Mikasa scoffed, a smile now breaking her usually stolid features.

"Um... the kiss... I-I was thinking about it yesterday... in fact, you were my last thought yesterday and my first today..."

"Thats... really sweet... I was thinking about you too... and, when I get out of here, I really... really want to kiss you again."

"I wouldn't mind that, Mika." Mikasa was now almost beaming, her heart beating rapidly and her head spinning. "I want you to know that I don't hold anything against you, I could never hate you, even if I tried."

"Well, I'll make sure you won't have to hate me. I promise. I always keep my promises."

"I believe you." Mikasa slid her hand close to the glass, her fingers pressing against it. Sasha did the same, if only the glass disappeared, and they could acctually hold each other, the warmth of the others skin was the only feeling either of them wanted.

"I really miss you."

"We're in the same room!" Sasha couldn't help but chuckle slightly.

"It's not the same. We have this dumb glass wall between us." Mikasa tapped the glass with her opposite hand, almost scowling at it. "I just want you to know that I don't usually get angry like that."

"Lemmie guess, but when you do, you go ape shit? I'll know not to get on your bad side then." Sasha smiled.

"No, it's not like that... I have to be honest with you." Mikasa closed her eyes, taking a short yet deep breath. "With Reiner overpowering me like that... it was like I was nine again and I didn't want to feel like that... ever again, and I just... went ape shit..."

"I won't let you feel like that ever again... I promise." Sasha slid her hand up the glass. Mikasa did the same. They could almost feel the warmth of the other. Almost.

"Bye." Mikasa waved as her family left, leaving her in the heavy atmosphere of the room. One of the cops held her by the shoulders, leading her out.

Something felt off, as though someone was watching her. Mikasa spun her head around slightly, her gaze meeting with Annie's. Her blue eyes and calm expression never formed into a scowl, even as they locked into a stare. To make matters worse, Annie waved. She waved. Mikasa turned her head slightly to see if there was anyone behind her. No one exept the cop, who was only paying attention to the area ahead of her. Mikasa turned to Annie and slowly waved back, raising an eyebrow. Annie didn't react. Why is she here? For Reiner? Maybe because I brought up that she kissed me?

Mikasa was snapped out of her thoughts when the cell door slammed shut, she tripped on a loose square of cobble that of which she didn't realise was there.Mikasa landed with a thud, biting her tongue in the process, a small amount of blood dripping down her face. Ow. She thought.

"You ok down there?"

A/N

Short chapter, but I was in the mood the write something cute between Mikasa and Sasha. Plus Yo_im_never_first and I were talking about cats, putting me in the mood for even more cuteness.