Chapter 11

Zander's POV

My lips meet hers and the passion built up between the both of us sends lightening through my veins. Liam howls in my head begging me to claim our mate and take her home this instant. My head is swimming with lust as my tongue sweeps her bottom lip. She lets out a moan and I take that as permission to enter her mouth. Our tongues swirl together, fighting for dominance but the kiss is quickly broken when the door flies opens and she jumps back.

"Get the fuck off of her!" I hear someone yell.

I turn to see Cameron with murder in his eyes staring me down. I glare back at him, never breaking eye contact and I let a growl escape, obviously displeased with the interruption between me and my mate. He lunges at me, catching me off guard and tackling me to the ground, but I quickly jump back up and search for Nicola.

She's standing on the far side of the room with shock written on her face and I freeze, not want to scare her or have her in the middle of this. "Cameron stop." I say, still looking at her, trying to convince her with my eyes that everything will be okay. I don't use my alpha command, not wanting to give too much away, even though Liam is demanding for control so he can put another pack member in their place.

"Fight me you bitch!" I hear him call out to me.

I look over and see he's no longer in control, his wolf has taken over as he snarls. He lunges at me again, but this time I step to the left before I hit him hard with the base of my palm into the side of his kidney.

"Not here." I growl out as I watch him hit the floor hard.

He coughs a few times as I search the room for Nicola. "Cam stop!" I hear her yell.

The concern for her safety has left me vulnerable and I whip around to see Cameron has now shifted to wolf form. "No!" She shouts again.

He launches himself in the air towards me with his claws extended and from the corner of my eye I see Nicola running towards us both. For the first time in a long time I feel fear as I see my beautiful mate put herself directly between the path of Cameron's wolf and me.

I leap and snatch Nicola to my chest, spinning our bodies around to prevent her from taking the oncoming blow. I feel claws dig deep into my back and I ground my teeth together as my flesh tears. She screams in my ear as I stumble down to one knee from the blinding pain, careful still to keep her away from Cameron.

"No, Nicola!" I hear his panic, causing my adrenaline to kick in once more for fear that the woman in my arms got hurt am I wasn't able to stop it.

Liam is in my head, begging for our mate to be okay as I frantically search her for cuts and marks. My heart is beating a million miles a minute and I can no longer think straight as the worst-case scenario runs through my head. I feel her hands grip both of my wrists and I stop to look up at her face.

"Are you okay?" I whisper to her, fear evident in my voice.

Horror and confusion washes over her face as she looks back at me.

"Am I okay? AM I OKAY? Your back is ripped to shreds and you're asking if I'm okay?" She proceeds to stand up and march over to Cameron before smacking him hard across the face.

"You're a fucking bastard!" She screams at him.

"Nic, I'm sorry! You know I'd never purposely try to hurt you!" His words laced with worry. "I lost it when I saw you with him. What the hell is going on between you two?" Cameron's gaze is slightly hurt as he looks between the both of us, making me think there more to their story than I know.

"There's nothing going on between us, I don't even know him!" She throws her hands in the air.

My face falls and her words feel like a stab to the heart as Liam softly whimpers. She turns to me and regret floods her features when she realizes what she just said.

"No, that's not what I meant." She tried to backpedal.

I shake my head and start the walk across the room towards the door. I shouldn't want this so much but I do and the pain from the ripped skin in my back is drowned out by her denial. Who knew a mate could hurt so much?

"Wait, Elliot." Her hand grabs my arm.

"That's not even my name." I say through clenched teeth as I snatch my arm from her, anger starting to rise from the situation. I'm tied of all of this already.

"What?" She shakes her head in confusion. "What are you talking about and what about your back?"

"I'm fine, it will heal." I say as I storm out of the room and head toward the woods. As I begin to run, Liam takes over and I shift into my wolf, paws thundering the ground while I weave in and out of the trees.

My wolf is heartbroken, while I'm just angry with the while situation. Who does that male warrior think he is? She doesn't belong to him and I could have easily ended his life right then and there, but I didn't want to do that in front of her. Plus, I can tell the male means something to her and I don't want to hurt her in any way. I grind my teeth together and my muscles burn as I push them to run faster. I welcome the burn, anything other than the feeling of pain and denial. Does she even know who I am to her yet?

"Zander, we need to talk." Kane mind links me.

"Not now Kane." I snap at him.

"Wow, moody. I'm sorry, but it can't wait. You need to get to the pack hospital"

Shit. Today just won't end.

I'll be there in 10".

I run back to my room and grab some clothes before I head towards the pack hospital and see Kane waiting outside the doors. My back still hurts like hell but the bleeding has stopped so I push it aside as I stare at my Beta. His face looks grim as I approach him.

"There's been another attack." Kane says as he leads me through the doors to a room that holds another one of my warriors. "A note was left with him." He hands me a piece of paper and my eyes scan across the letter as I unfold it.

Swords will clash together and where the skies and ground both bleed red, wolves will be dogs once again. Our blades have been edged with silver and nothing will be able to stop what's coming. Long has been the wait but the day will soon be here, for you are no king but a fraud with nowhere else to hide.

What kind of Fae bullshit is this?

"What does it mean?" Kane asks to me.

"I'm not exactly sure, but I think I get the idea." I scowl.