Chapter 12

Nicola's POV

I'm still in shock as I stare through the door that he just walked out of. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see Cameron.

"Don't touch me!" I say as I shove him off me. He looks hurt from me pushing him away but after what he did, I feel no remorse. I look down at his naked body and I feel my face heat up, not by embarrassment, but by anger. Just days ago I found him attractive and right now I can't stand the sight of him. What's happening to me?

"And go put some damn clothes back on!" I spit out as I walk out of the room and to my office. Freya is whimpering in my head but it's not because of Cameron, but Elliot. The pain in his face when I denied us being together is burned into my brain, playing over and over again. It makes no sense that someone I barely know could make me feel like this. I could tell he felt as though I rejected him but that's not how I meant it. In all honest I've never wanted anyone more but the way I feel about him confuses the hell out of me. I shut my office door and slump down to the floor as I begin to cry.

I lay on the floor and let the tears slowly roll down my face before I hear a faint knock on the door. I already know who is on the other side but the scent so I don't say anything. Cameron must have told him everything and asked him to check on me.

Parker slowly tries to open the door but only achieves a few inches before it stops, blocked by my body leaning against it. I pick myself up from the floor and Parker opens it the rest of the way before walking in and shutting it behind him.

"What happened hun?" Parker says softly, wrapping me up in a hug and resting his chin on my head. I cry into him and the words begin to fall out of my mouth.

"I think I lost him..." I say as my chest tightens.

"Who?" He says as he pushes me back and stares at my face. I think about it for a minute before saying "Both of them."

He pulls me to him again and sighs. "Nicola. I've known Cameron for a long time and I know that no matter what happens, he'll always be there for you, even if you only want him as a friend. As for this other guy... well I know that a man knows a good one when he sees it." He looks down at me again. "I know you think you've messed it all up, but you haven't."

My tears have started to dry, his words giving me some comfort. He releases me and starts to walk towards the door. "And I'll always be here for you too." He says with his lopsided grin before walking out of my office so I can think.

Once he's gone, I decide that now is a good time to clear my head and let my wolf run. I head towards the woods and strip behind a tree, folding my clothes and placing them to the side. I shift and begin a leisurely lope, slowly picking up the pace until I'm at a full out run. I rush out into a clearing and dive into the clover, rolling around and enjoying the feel of the soft grass against my fur.

When I hear a branch snap behind me, I jump up into a defensive position. My fur is slightly raised on my back and Freya lets out a low warning growl. My eyes search the tree line and I can feel someone watching me but I can't pin point where they are. I hear slight shuffling and turn to see a set of purple eyes. Fear fills me as I take back off into the woods towards the pack town and I push my body to the limit. My legs and lungs burn as I dodge low limbs and fallen trees but I can still feel someone hot on my trail, threating me with what might happened if I slow down.

Someone jumps on my back before I can make it to the tree line and we're both sent tumbling and rolling across the ground. I feel them grab onto me, pinning me down and out of panic, I lunge forward and bite down. I manage to connect with flesh and I hear a yelp of pain before I'm quickly released. I desperately scramble backwards, trying to ready myself for a fight.

"What the hell? Why are you out here and running like hell?"

I look up to see Rivers has shifted back to his human form and was clutching his forearm, looking at me intently. "Shift." He commands.

I shift back, caring less about my nudity and more about the fact that I just bit my Gamma.

"I'm sorry." I say as I look at the bite marks on his arm.

"What was that about?" He looks at me accusingly.

"I was out for a run when I heard a branch snap and felt someone watching me. There was someone there with purple eyes so I tried to run back to the pack. I thought it was them that was chasing me so when you jumped on me, I panicked."

He stands up, his arm already starting to heal as he surveys the area.

"Yeah, I smelled a strange scent and decided to investigate. Then I saw you running like a mad woman through the woods, but now I guess I know why." He turns back and gives me a pointed look. "With things that have happened recently, you shouldn't go out running alone anymore Nicola."

"What do you mean with things that have happened recently?" I question him.

"I can't really say, but just know there's been a change and there's a reason we need that new armor." He pauses before saying "plus Z- uh, Elliot would have my head if anything happened to you."

I shake my head in confusion. "What do you mean? You're the gamma, what can he do?"

"Oh, you'd be surprised." He mumbles.

Nothing is making sense about this man.

"Who is he?" I ask skeptically.

"I'm afraid only he can tell you that." He says to me before turning to walk back towards the pack house.

"Can you tell me where he is? I think I need to fix a few things..." I look towards the ground, not wanting to get into the details.

"I'll let him know you're looking for him." He nods and gestures to me to walk in front of him.

We rest of the way back is made in silence but Freya is optimistic at the possibility of seeing Elliot again. I just hope he's as excited to see us.